• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Kylian Mbappe Lost A Staggering 700,000 Instagram Followers After Rejecting Real Madrid

Home> Football

Published 16:12 23 May 2022 GMT+1

Kylian Mbappe Lost A Staggering 700,000 Instagram Followers After Rejecting Real Madrid

Mbappe announced his decision on Saturday.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Kylian Mbappe reportedly lost 700,000 followers on Instagram after rejecting Real Madrid and choosing to stay at Paris Saint-Germain.

The 23-year-old looked set to join Real as a free agent, with his previous PSG contract expiring in the summer.

A lucrative offer in the eleventh hour saw Mbappe commit his future to the Ligue 1 giants and sign a three-year deal.

Advert

It's a decision that's gone down well in the French capital but over in Madrid, there are one or two quite unhappy.

Image
Alamy

El Chiringuito claim Mbappe's follower count dropped from 71.6 million to 70.9 million on Saturday after his renewal was announced.

Mbappe is the fourth most-followed player on the platform, behind PSG teammates Neymar and Lionel Messi as well as Manchester United talisman Cristiano Ronaldo.

Real supporters have also shared screenshots of themselves blocking the World Cup winner on Twitter.

It's been claimed Mbappe was promised a number of perks at the Parc des Princes, including sporting control.

Sporting director Leonardo is set to be sacked after three years at the helm and manager Mauricio Pochettino's job is said to be in danger.

Image
Alamy

PSG are the dominant force in French football but still haven't won the Champions League, despite pumping billions into their squad.

Mbappe claims he chose to stay at the club because his 'story' isn't complete yet.

He told local media in a press conference on Monday: "Everybody knows I wanted to leave last year, and I was convinced that would be the best decision at that time.

"The years pass but they are different and the context is different now. That goes for sporting terms and also, personally, I was free to make a decision, and I know how important that is in France.

"It is the country where I have grown up. I have always lived here, and leaving my country wasn't the right thing.

Image
Alamy

"There is a sentimental aspect to his. It is my country. The sporting project has changed as well. That made me want to stay because I don't think my story is over yet."

Real based most of their recent transfer business on Mbappe's arrival and are disappointed with the decision.

La Liga president Javier Tebas got involved too, calling PSG and chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi as dangerous as the European Super League.

Mbappe scored a hat-trick on Saturday evening as PSG smashed Metz 5-0 in their final game of the season.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Kylian Mbappe, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is a social editor for SPORTbible after moving from the writing team. Nearly scored past Stormzy at Old Trafford once.

X

@DanMarland_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • X
    7 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    8 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    9 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • Kylian Mbappe has named his pick for 2025 Ballon d'Or ahead of PSG vs Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo agrees
  • Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment
  • Real Madrid fans spot weird detail in Kylian Mbappe post and claim image has been 'photoshopped'
  • Kylian Mbappe breaks his silence on PSG winning the Champions League one year after he left club