• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Rob McElhenney has already revealed how Wrexham will celebrate their third successive promotion

Home> Football> Football News

Published 13:06 27 Apr 2025 GMT+1

Rob McElhenney has already revealed how Wrexham will celebrate their third successive promotion

Wrexham have secured promotion to the Championship.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Rob McElhenney has previously revealed how the Wrexham players will celebrate on the back of securing another promotion.

Heading into Saturday's League One fixture against Charlton Athletic, Wrexham knew promotion was within touching distance.

This was due to Wycombe Wanderers' 1-0 defeat by Leyton Orient, meaning the Red Dragons would seal a place in the Championship with victory against the Addicks.

Advert

Phil Parkinson's men went on to win 3-0 thanks to a brace from Sam Smith and a goal from Ollie Rathbone, sealing a third successive promotion.

After their previous two promotions, the Wrexham stars were treated to a trip to Las Vegas, and it looks like the tradition will be continued at the end of the current season.

Speaking in May 2024, Wrexham co-owner McElhenney said: "We did it for the second time. And if they get promoted again, we promised them that they will be sent to Vegas again.

"If you see Ryan (Reynolds, Wrexham co-owner), he's gonna say no and I'm going to say yes."



Speaking after beating Charlton, Wrexham skipper James McClean said: "It doesn't just come from the dress room. It comes from the management, the owners, the fans and our families and the staff behind the scenes."

Meanwhile, McElhenney added: "It seemed like an impossible dream. The greatest dressing room in sports, in any category, I've ever seen before. Truly folks I've seen who are all for one and one for all. This community, I'm speechless with their passion and emotion."

Ryan Reynolds said: "There are so many people here that don't get the credit they deserve. People are here everyday, the stewards, the supporters, the media team, the coaches, everyone keeping the players safe. People who are not talked about, not sung about but actually keep the entire thing going and we have so much love for them."

Wrexham still have work to do before they can fully celebrate as they take on Lincoln City next weekend to round off the 24/25 League One campaign.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Rob McElhenney, Wrexham, League One, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have strict rule for Wrexham transfer targets after securing promotion
  • Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney deliver 'mic drop' interview that needs to be seen after Wrexham promotion
  • Wrexham players will land mind-blowing bonuses after sealing promotion to Championship
  • Finance expert reveals how much money Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have lost since buying Wrexham

Choose your content:

14 mins ago
18 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • CBS Sports - Getty Images
    14 mins ago

    Tunnel footage from Benfica vs Real Madrid emerges after claims of fight

    Benfica president Rui Costa could be seen in the clip.

    Football
  • Getty
    18 mins ago

    UEFA take action after Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni incident in new statement

    Real Madrid's Champions League play-off first leg against Benfica was stopped for 10 minutes after Vinicius flagged alleged racist abuse.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    UEFA set precedent on racial abuse punishment amid Gianluca Prestianni incident

    Gianluca Prestianni was accused of making a racist remark against Real Madrid star Vinicius Jr in Champions League clash.

    Football
  • TNT Sports - Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    New footage of Gianluca Prestianni incident with Vini Jr not shown on TV emerges

    Prestianni has been accused of racially abusing Vinicius.

    Football