sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd launch investigation into dressing room 'leaker' as two stars questioned including key player vs Man City
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Updated 11:54 16 Dec 2024 GMTPublished 11:37 16 Dec 2024 GMT

Man Utd launch investigation into dressing room 'leaker' as two stars questioned including key player vs Man City

An investigation has been launched.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United have launched an investigation into which player has been leaking team news, according to a new report, with two players being 'quizzed' by Ruben Amorim.

On the eve of Sunday's clash against Manchester City, United's starting XI was 'leaked' by Manchester Evening News journalist Samuel Luckhurst on Facebook.

It was a team that featured the likes of Rasmus Hojlund, Mason Mount and Andre Onana but to the surprise of many, both Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho were missing from the side.

Then, 17 hours after the line-up was leaked, Ruben Amorim confirmed that both players had been left out of Sunday's matchday squad due to selection reasons rather than injury or illness.

Advert

Speaking in his post-match press conference following United's 2-1 win over City, Amorim addressed the so-called leaker and claimed it is "impossible" to stop.

"I know that story," he said. "I don’t know, I think it’s impossible to fix nowadays because you have a lot of people in the club, the players talk with agents."

Amorim added: "I don’t know, you can talk with friends, so it’s hard to know. It’s not a good thing but let’s move on and go to the next one and see if they find the next starting XI."

Now, it has emerged that United have launched an investigation into which player is leaking the team news information.

A report from The Sun suggests Amad Diallo and Alejandro Garnacho have been 'quizzed' by Amorim as to whether they are responsible.

Amorim, meanwhile, is reportedly 'satisfied' that neither Diallo or Garnacho are involved in the leaking of team news.

The publication go on to suggest that Garnacho’s brother, Roberto, had been accused on social media of being one source, with team news being leaked in the past when the Argentine has been left out.

Roberto has denied the accusation.

Amorim is 'satisfied' neither Amad or Garnacho are involved directly in the leaking. Image credit: Getty
Amorim is 'satisfied' neither Amad or Garnacho are involved directly in the leaking. Image credit: Getty

As mentioned earlier, Garnacho and Marcus Rashford were dropped from Amorim's matchday squad for the Manchester derby.

Asked after the game about the reasons for his decision, Amorim suggested it was based on performances in training rather than a disciplinary issue.

"It's important to say why: it was not a disciplinary thing," he said. "Next week, next game, new life, they are fighting for their places.

"For me it's important, the performance in training, the performance in games, the way you dress, the way you eat, the way you engage with teammates, the way you push your teammates.

"Everything is important in our context in the beginning of something when we want to change a lot of things, when people in our club are losing their jobs we have to set the standards really high and for that they have to fight for a place in the team.

"Today the team proved we can leave anyone out of the squad and manage to win if you play together. If it was disciplinary, I would say that here and it will be a bigger problem but was not that."

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Manchester United, Ruben Amorim, Premier League

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 mins ago
9 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    7 mins ago

    Southampton lose appeal against EFL play-off expulsion as club issue 'extremely disappointing' statement

    Southampton were initially expelled from the EFL Championship play-off final against Hull City.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 mins ago

    Casemiro makes final decision over next club ahead of last Man Utd match

    Casemiro is set to announce where he will end up next after his final match for Manchester United this weekend.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Michael Carrick tells Man Utd to block offers for key player amid Real Madrid interest

    Carrick has reportedly agreed a two-year deal to become the permanent Manchester United head coach.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Jurgen Klopp receives shock proposal to return to management

    Jurgen Klopp has received a shock proposal to make a dramatic return to football management at the helm of an ambitious club.

    Football
  • Man Utd Dressing Room Split as Ruben Amorim Dispute Revealed
  • Man Utd close in on signing of player Ruben Amorim was desperate to bring in and be key man
  • Christian Eriksen Slams Ruben Amorim Comment That Hurt Man United Dressing Room
  • Ruben Amorim's 'exact message' to Alejandro Garnacho in front of Man Utd squad revealed in latest dressing room leak