sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Shock club 'to open talks' with Bruno Fernandes over summer transfer as new report drops bombshell
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 18:59 5 May 2025 GMT+1

Shock club 'to open talks' with Bruno Fernandes over summer transfer as new report drops bombshell

Not a report any Manchester United fan would have been expecting this summer.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes is set to be approached over a shock summer transfer, a new report has claimed.

United captain Fernandes has been his side's key player this season, scoring 19 goals and providing 15 assists in all competitions.

His latest goals came in the 3-0 away win over Athletic Bilbao that has given United a key advantage heading into the second leg of their Europa League semi-final.

Such is the 30-year-old's form - and United's current position of 15th in the Premier League - he has been linked with a move away this summer if the Old Trafford club fail to qualify for Europe next season.

Advert

La Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are reportedly both interested in signing him, but manager Ruben Amorim previously quashed any suggestions of a transfer away.

But now a new club is said to have entered the picture.

According to Saudi Arabian journalist Abdullah Al-Hunayan, Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal have held talks with Fernandes' agent and lawyer over a possible transfer before the start of the Club World Cup on June 14.

Image: Twitter
Image: Twitter

Al Hilal are Saudi Arabia's sole representative in the competition, having won the 2021 AFC Champions League.

Among their playing ranks are former Premier League stars Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ruben Neves and Joao Cancelo - the latter two of whom are international team-mates with Fernandes for Portugal.

The United captain has two years left on his contract, with journalist Paco Gonzalez previously telling Spanish outlet Cadena COPE that Real valued the midfielder at around £90 million when considering whether to table a bid.

It is likely, therefore, that if a club did hold serious transfer interest, United would hold out for a much more lucrative sum - if they were even considering whether to sell him at all.

Speaking about the midfielder's future in April, Amorim commented: "No. It's [a transfer] not going to happen.

"I want Bruno here because we want to win the Premier League again, so we want the best players ... he's not going anywhere.

"We are in control of the situation and I feel that he is really happy here.

"Sometimes, the frustration that everybody sees, and maybe say is not a good thing in a captain, but it's a sign he wants this [success] so bad. He's not going anywhere, because I've already told him."

More to follow...

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Bruno Fernandes, Transfers, Premier League, Europa League, Ruben Amorim, Saudi Pro League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Liverpool 'reach agreement' over first transfer of summer window

    The Reds are closing in on their first summer signing before the final weekend of the Premier League season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Man City told potential date for long-awaited 115 charges verdict ahead of Pep Guardiola's exit

    Pep Guardiola's departure from Manchester City comes as the gavel bangs to deliver the verdict on Man City's 115 charges

    Football
  • Hayters
    2 hours ago

    Roberto De Zerbi gives his take on Cristian Romero missing Tottenham's final game of the season

    Romero will watch boyhood club Belgrano take on River Plate instead of Sunday's game in North London.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    7 players Thomas Tuchel hasn't included in England World Cup squad who should feel hard done by

    Tuchel might regret some of his decisions.

    Football
  • Bruno Fernandes Drops Man Utd Transfer Bombshell After Saudi Offer
  • Bruno Fernandes' shock Saudi Pro League transfer will help cost-cutting Man Utd save £70m
  • 'I was really sad...' - Bruno Fernandes hates that 'perfect' player rejected Man Utd
  • Ruben Amorim confirms Bruno Fernandes transfer plans amid reports of sensational Saudi Pro League move