
Bayern Munich forward Harry Kane has finally addressed whether he is planning to return to the Premier League after previously being linked with both Manchester United and his former club Tottenham Hotspur.
Kane first joined Bayern from Spurs in 2023, and despite missing out on the Bundesliga at the first attempt, his goals have since secured back-to-back German titles for the Bavarians, as well as the 2025/26 DFB Pokal.
The 33-year-old, who captained England at the 2026 FIFA World Cup, is into the final 12 months of his deal at Bayern, with both Barcelona and Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal showing interest in the striker during the transfer window.
On Tuesday (August 18), Kane spoke out on how he is “calm” about his future as talks over a new contract are ongoing.
Advert
Speaking to Kicker, he explained: “We obviously said we wanted to talk after the World Cup and after my holiday. So I’m not sure exactly when, but they’ll start this week, next week… We’ll start those talks.
“Like I’ve said before, we’re calm; I think they’re calm with the situation.”
Kane had earlier linked up with his Bayern team-mates after being granted extended leave following the World Cup before taking part in a 4-2 pre-season friendly victory against Heidenheim.
READ NEXT: Former Premier League striker says he 'almost died twice' after severe allergic reactions
And while it appears Kane is happy at his current club, talk of a return to the Premier League is never far, with Spurs and Manchester United previously linked with moves for the forward, who is just 47 goals away from matching Alan Shearer’s Premier League goalscoring record of 260 strikes.
Kane speaks out on Premier League return
However, based on Kane’s most recent comments, he does not plan on returning to England anytime soon.
Speaking to Henry Winter after receiving his second European Golden Shoe at an award ceremony on Wednesday, he said: “When I first left (Spurs in 2023), for sure it was something that I thought I'd definitely be coming back. That itch isn't there as much anymore. I'm extremely happy here in Munich. It’s opened my eyes to a totally different world of football outside of England. It’s made me appreciate European football even more.
“With the team we have here, with the manager (Vincent Kompany). My family are really settled here. It's just about being in the best place possible. I never say never but, for now, I'm concentrating on Bayern Munich and we'll see what the future holds.”
The Englishman is also in the running to win the Ballon d’Or, which will be awarded in October, an accolade he has described as “as big as it gets, from an individual point of view”.
“I know I had a great season last season, but the focus is on this new season,” he said in a separate interview earlier this week.
“The Ballon d'Or's not in my hands. I've done what I can do in terms of putting in the performances. It's now down to votes and other people and the media - stuff I can't control - so we'll see what happens.
“Obviously, it would be amazing if it was to happen. But ultimately, it's still two or three months away before that's decided, so it's not something that's at the front of my mind right now.”
Bayern get their Bundesliga campaign underway against Stuttgart on August 28.
Topics: Premier League, Bayern Munich, Transfer News, Harry Kane