
Harry Kane is discussing terms with Bayern Munich over a new contract, but according to reports, Al-Hilal have held 'talks' with the striker's representatives.
Kane's future at Bayern has been a long-running discussion throughout the summer, with the 33-year-old entering the final year of his contract at the Allianz Arena.
The Englishman enjoyed the best campaign of his club career last term after plundering 61 goals in 51 appearances, firing the German giants to the domestic double before scoring six times at this summer's World Cup as England were beaten in the semi-finals by Argentina.
Following a disappointing end in North America, attention quickly turned to Kane's future after Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United all asked to be kept informed about his situation.
Advert
Kane revealed that he would open discussions with Bayern over a new deal after his World Cup break, and having returned to training at the end of last week, the goalscoring machine remains "relaxed" about his situation.
"I only have one year left on my contract, so now is the time to talk about it," he said. "We’ll talk about it next week or the week after. Both sides are very relaxed."
It was reported on August 10 that Bayern were edging closer to agreeing a three-year contract with Kane, keeping him in Bavaria until a month before his 36th birthday, essentially shutting down any prospect of him leaving.
READ NEXT: Harry Kane's chance of Tottenham return revealed after Bayern Munich agreement
However, according to TEAMtalk, Kane’s brother and leading representative, Charlie Kane, met with Al-Hilal’s Technical Director of Football, Simon Francis, over the weekend.
Kane is at the top of Al-Hilal's striker shortlist, and they are prepared to 'make one of the biggest offers ever made by a Saudi Pro League side' to lure him to the Middle East.
Unsurprisingly, with the Englishman having his heart set on staying in the Bundesliga, TEAMtalk have deemed a transfer to Al-Hilal 'unlikely' at this stage.
Harry Kane shares verdict on chances of winning Ballon d'Or
Away from speculation over his future, Kane is among the favourites to win the Ballon d'Or after an incredible campaign for club and country.
The Bayern Munich superstar is joined by the likes of Rodri, Lamine Yamal, Kylian Mbappe and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia as the leading contenders.
Kane is tipped by many to come out on top and win the most prestigious individual award in football on October 26 after scoring 73 goals for club and country last season.
Speaking about his chances of becoming the first Englishman to win the trophy since Michael Owen in 2001, Kane said: "I am extremely proud to put in the season that I did last year.
"The Ballon d'Or is at big as it gets from an individual point of view.
"I know I had a great season last season. But as always, the focus is on this new season.
"The Ballon d'Or is not in my hands. I've done what I can do in terms of putting in performances. It's now down to votes, and other people, and the media, and stuff I can't control. So we'll see what happens.
"Obviously it would be amazing if it were to happen. But it's two or three months until that is decided so it's not something that's at the front of my mind right now."
Topics: Harry Kane, Bayern Munich, Transfer News, Football, Saudi Pro League, Ballon d'Or