sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Raheem Sterling 'facing FA ban' over video Chelsea posted on their OWN TikTok account
Home>Football>Football News>Chelsea
Updated 12:50 9 Nov 2023 GMTPublished 11:55 9 Nov 2023 GMT

Raheem Sterling 'facing FA ban' over video Chelsea posted on their OWN TikTok account

Sterling could receive a ban.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Raheem Sterling could face an FA ban over a video that Chelsea posted on their own TikTok account, it has been reported.

The video was taken during Chelsea's 4-1 win over Tottenham on Monday, in which he played 90 minutes and assisted Nicolas Jackson's first goal in the second half.

The clip, posted on Chelsea's official TikTok account, shows a missile being thrown at the feet of Sterling's Blues team-mate Cole Palmer after he scored a first half penalty.

After the celebrations, Sterling is shown bending down before appearing to throw the projectile towards the stands. It is unclear whether the projectile landed.

Advert

You can see the video below.

An FA spokesperson has told the Daily Mail that the clip is being reviewed, and they will determine whether any action needs to be taken against the England international.

Last year, Tottenham forward Richarlison was found guilty of improper conduct after throwing a lit flare into the crowd during his time at Everton.

The Brazilian received a one-match ban, which delayed his Spurs debut following his £75 million move, and received a fine of £25,000.

Back in 2004, meanwhile, Leeds striker Alan Smith was handed a two-match ban for throwing a plastic bottle into the crowd during a match against Manchester United.

His action was in response to the bottle being thrown onto the pitch, at a United player, by a fan at Elland Road.

Sterling will hope that he is included in Gareth Southgate's England squad when it is named today, having been left out in the cold by the Three Lions boss in recent times.

With upcoming fixtures against Malta and North Macedonia, there could be an opportunity for the Chelsea winger to get back into contention for selection for next summer's Euro 2024, which takes place in Germany.

Featured Image Credit: Chelsea FC/TikTok

Topics: Raheem Sterling, Chelsea, Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur, FA

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Raheem Sterling Snubbed Two Champions League Clubs to Stay in Chelsea Bomb Squad
  • Chelsea Make Drastic Raheem Sterling Call After Failed Summer Exit
  • Raheem Sterling ‘Wanted’ By Eight Clubs Including Shock Premier League Move
  • Raheem Sterling Set to Bank Staggering Sum After Chelsea Contract Termination

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football