sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal set to rival Chelsea for £110m striker target as talks revealed
Home>Football>Football News>Arsenal
Updated 10:23 5 Feb 2024 GMTPublished 10:20 5 Feb 2024 GMT

Arsenal set to rival Chelsea for £110m striker target as talks revealed

It would be a massive signing.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal are set to rival Chelsea in their pursuit of a striker, it has been claimed.

On Sunday the Gunners claimed a crucial 3-1 win over Liverpool at the Emirates to move two points off the Premier League summit.

It was a statement victory that has seen Mikel Arteta’s men blow the title race wide open.

Meanwhile, Arsenal do not appear to be resting on their laurels away from the pitch, having reportedly decided to rival Chelsea in the pursuit of Napoli star Victor Osimhen.

Advert

The Blues are reportedly hot favourites for the Nigeria international’s signature but will have to match a newly inserted release clause in his contract believed to be in the region of £100million and £110million.

The publication claims that Arsenal are also interested, however, having previously met with Osimhen's representatives back in 2022.

The Gunners are said to have other strikers on the radar for the summer, with Brentford’s Ivan Toney also targeted.

It has been claimed that Arsenal are yet to decide on their preferred striker target this summer, while Chelsea have made it their top priority to land Osimhen, irrespective of the financial outlay.

While the 25-year-old penned a new contract until 2026 in December, he indicated during an interview with CBS Sports that he has already decided to leave the reigning Serie A champions at the end of this season.

Osimhen is currently at the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria (Getty)
Osimhen is currently at the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria (Getty)

Osimhen said in January: "I think 60 per cent of everyone is arguing, or the rumour is going around about me linked to the Premier League.

“But when you are one of the hottest strikers in the globe, you play this type of thing. Of course, EPL is one of the biggest leagues in the whole world. Now I'm with Napoli, I signed a new contract, and I'm enjoying my time there, going through it with the team.

"At the end of the season, I think I already made up my mind. I already know what I wanna do with my career, since I've started, I've been the one making my own decisions and everything is working out well for me.

“Even though when I started it, it didn't go as well as planned. But I already have my plan, I already know what I want to do, and the next step I want to take. So for now I just want to finish the season strong, go relax somewhere with my daughter, and then finally come up with the decision I've already made."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Arsenal, Chelsea, Football, Premier League, Victor Osimhen, Transfers

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca

    Manchester City have agreed a three-year deal with Enzo Maresca, who is set to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move

    Guardiola is set to leave Man City

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Lawyer reaches Man City 115 charges verdict after 'speaking to insiders'

    A football lawyer has suggested that life at Man City could take a turn for the worse with the 115 charges adding to the post-Guardiola woes

    Football
  • Chelsea manager target holds talks with another Premier League club in move no-one saw coming
  • Man Utd and Chelsea have both spoken to the same managerial target as decision made
  • Arsenal Set to Hijack Liverpool Transfer Target as David Ornstein Confirms Talks
  • Arsenal set to rival Bayern for another major signing after Eberechi Eze as transfer splurge continues