The Top 20 Barcelona Players Of All-Time Ranked By Fans
By Mike Parrott
The top 20 Barcelona players of all-time have been ranked by fans across the world. Shockingly, Lionel Messi does not take the top spot.
Barcelona are easily one of the most successful clubs of all-time.
From the Spanish Luis Suarez in the 1960's, to Johan Cruyff as a player in the 70's, to then managing the team in the 90's, all the way up to the success of the Lionel Messi-led Barcelona teams of the 00's and 10's, Barcelona has had some of the best players of all-time at one point.
Fans on the website Ranker have voted on the best Barcelona players ever in their opinion.
The top 20 are as follows:
20. Marc-Andre ter Stegen - 2014-current
19. Sergio Busquets - 2008-current
18. Pep Guardiola - 1990-2001
17. Michael Laudrup - 1989-1994
16. Gheorge Hagi - 1994-1996
15. Daniel Alves - 2008-2016
:large_blue_circle::red_circle: No-look through ball by Dani Alves :sunglasses:#UCL ' @FCBarcelona ' @DaniAlvesD2 pic.twitter.com/GOisJblD6D
- UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) June 29, 2020
14. Luis Suarez - 2014-current
13. Samuel Eto'o - 2004-2009
12. Ronald Koeman - 1989-1995
11. Diego Maradona - 1982-1984
More Like ThisMore Like This
10. Rivaldo - 1997-2002
Rivaldo scored some brilliant goals for Barcelona. What a player! pic.twitter.com/SBL39nGLCc
- 90s Football (@90sfootball) July 20, 2018
9. Romario - 1993-1995
8. Ronaldo - 1996-1997
7. Carles Puyol - 1999-2014
6. Xavi - 1998-2015
5. Andres Iniesta - 2002-2018
:large_blue_circle::red_circle: Throwback to these Andrés Iniesta assists for Barcelona :ok_hand:#UCL ' @FCBarcelona pic.twitter.com/WTmnDJesBj
- UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) February 14, 2020
4. Ronaldinho - 2003-2008
3. Johan Cruyff - 1973-1978
2. Lionel Messi - 2004-current
1. Hristo Stoichkov - 1990-1995, 1996-1998
Johan Cruyff teaching Hristo Stoichkov how to skip at Barcelonapic.twitter.com/mMyuLNOnU2
- Get Spanish Football News (@GSpanishFN) April 20, 2020
Somehow, Stoichkov takes the top spot ahead of many players he definitely shouldn't be ahead of. The Bulgarian striker scored 114 goals and created nine assists in 249 games.
However these combined goal and assist numbers are far behind the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Pedro, Patrick Kluivert, Rivaldo, Eto'o, and Luis Enrique.
Stoichkov is also only seventh when it comes to goals per match in Barcelona history.
Lionel Messi - From the beginning to the end of an era!
- Barca media (@BarcaMedia10) August 29, 2020
Messi should've easily been number one with him having the most goals, assists, chances created, dribbles completed, hat-tricks in Barcelona history and only being 36 games behind Xavi for most appearances.
What do you think of this ranking of Barcelona's best players of all-time made by Ranker?
Let us know in the comments below.