sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Romano confirms Mac Allister's Liverpool transfer could collapse over stipulation out of Klopp's control
Home>Football
Published 12:30 4 May 2023 GMT+1

Romano confirms Mac Allister's Liverpool transfer could collapse over stipulation out of Klopp's control

It would be a blow.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Fabrizio Romano confirmed Alexis Mac Allister's move to Liverpool could break down if one likely thing takes place.

Liverpool have been tipped to rejuvenate their midfield this summer, with the Anfield club having been linked with several 'targets' in recent months.

And according to transfer guru Romano, the Reds have already made moves to secure the signing of Brighton star Mac Allister, and hope to complete a deal early in the summer window.

On Thursday Romano tweeted: “Liverpool have presented their project and also a financial proposal to Alexis Mac Allister.

Advert

“The club will insist in the next weeks; discussions advancing but [an] agreement not done yet.

“[The] feeling remains Alexis will 100% leave Brighton and it will be early, May or June.”

However, Liverpool’s attempts to sign the World Cup winner could be scuppered by Chelsea’s pursuit of Mauricio Pochettino.

Mauricio Pochettino to Chelsea?

According to the Evening Standard, Chelsea co-owners Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali met in Los Angeles last weekend to discuss the appointment of Pochettino.

The Blues, who have endured an atrocious campaign, are in ongoing talks with former Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain boss Pochettino, who is expected to take over at Stamford Bridge in the summer.

And according to Romano should Pochettino take the reins at Stamford Bridge, it could have implications for Liverpool and Manchester United’s pursuit of Mac Allister.

While talking on the Here We Go podcast earlier this week, Romano said: “Let's see if Pochettino will change the situation of Chelsea because Pochettino of course is Argentinian. So this could be one of the points.

"But at the moment, Liverpool and United are the two front runners for Alexis Mac Allister."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Liverpool, Manchester United, Brighton And Hove Albion, Chelsea, Alexis Mac Allister

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Marcus Rashford forced to release statement addressing controversial post minutes after England call-up

    The freshly-recalled winger had to release a statement defending his former club after he snubbed them in a celebratory post

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel issues response to Harry Maguire's statement about failing to make England squad

    The England boss didn't hold back in his first comments after announcing the World Cup squad

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola accepts next job role after confirming Man City exit in emotional statement

    Guardiola's departure was confirmed on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Three uncapped England players will travel with World Cup squad despite not being picked

    Tuchel has named his 26-man squad, but three extra names will travel to North America.

    Football
  • Man Utd planning move for Liverpool star in first transfer between clubs since 1964
  • Alexis Mac Allister names the Premier League opponent who winds him up the most who he 'wants to kick'
  • Man Utd fans sent into meltdown after seeing Brighton's post on Carlos Baleba before major transfer update
  • Liverpool Fans Think It's Time for an Uncomfortable Chat About Player After Chelsea Loss