sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
David Beckham Has Given His Instagram Account, With 71.5 Million Followers, To A Ukrainian Doctor
Home>Football
Published 12:20 21 Mar 2022 GMT

David Beckham Has Given His Instagram Account, With 71.5 Million Followers, To A Ukrainian Doctor

Beckham made the announcement yesterday.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

David Beckham gave his Instagram account to a Ukrainian doctor on Sunday to highlight the issues they're facing amid Russia's invasion of the country. Check out his statement below.

Dr Iryna is the head of a perinatal centre in Kharkiv and is helping pregnant women give birth in the war-torn country on a daily basis.

Beckham is an ambassador for UNICEF and in an attempt to raise awareness, he let Iryna take control of his account with over 71.5 million followers.

Advert

The former England captain said: "Hi everyone, so I’m handing over my social media to Iryna, the Head of the Regional Perinatal Centre in Kharkiv, Ukraine where she is helping pregnant mothers give birth safely.

"Thanks to your donations, the oxygen generators they have received are helping newborns survive in appalling conditions.

"Head over to my stories to learn more about the amazing work Iryna and health workers like her are doing to save lives.

"Please continue to support these incredible people and charities like UNICEF in any way you can. Together, we can really make a difference. Thank you."

Iryna revealed newborn babies and parents are being treated in a basement for their own safety.

On the day Vladimir Putin's troops invaded Ukraine, she spent three hours evacuating all babies and pregnant women to the basement.

In a cruel twist, all babies born and in need of intensive care need to stay in the main part of the centre as the equipment cannot be moved.

"The first days were the most difficult. We had to learn how to work with bombings and strikes," she explained in one of the videos.

"We are probably risking our lives but we don't think about it at all. We love our work. Doctors and nurses here, we worry, we cry but none of us will give up."

Beckham and his wife, Victoria, have pledged to donate £1 million to help children in Ukraine amid the war.

Russia had claimed they were only targeting military forces, which was passionately denied by mayor of Kyiv and former boxing world champion Vitali Klitschko.

The 50-year-old has taken up arms alongside brother, Wladimir, and was interviewed on the frontline last week.

7news reporter Chris Reason asked Klitschko: "Putin says he is only targeting military targets...?"

Seconds later, Klitschko fired back with a quick 'bulls**' before apologising.

"Where is the military target?" he added, while pointing to a nearby bombed residential building "This building is a military target?"

Featured Image Credit: David Beckham/Instagram

Topics: David Beckham, Ukraine, Russia

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is SPORTbible's Senior Social Editor.

X

@DanMarland_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 mins ago
24 mins ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 mins ago

    Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered

    Liverpool hero Salah criticised the team's style of play after Aston Villa defeat, piling yet more pressure on Slot

    Football
  • Getty
    24 mins ago

    23-year-old footballer speaks publicly after being stabbed seven times in Huntingdon train attack

    Jonathan Gjoshe was seriously injured in the knife attack in November 2025

    Football
  • Getty Images
    24 mins ago

    Jose Mourinho has already identified his first major signing for Real Madrid and it would be huge

    Mourinho is on the verge of becoming Real Madrid manager for a second time.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Casemiro's name is purposefully spelt wrong on the back of his Man Utd shirt

    The Brazilian says he is a superstitious person.

    Football
  • Brooklyn Beckham Breaks Silence After Blocking David, Victoria and His Brothers
  • David Beckham Breaks Silence After Son Brooklyn’s Explosive Claims
  • David Beckham Posts New Family Photo With Major Announcement Amid Brooklyn Feud
  • David and Victoria Beckham send message to Brooklyn Beckham on 27th birthday