• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Burnley Teammates Wout Weghorst And Connor Roberts Clash During Nations League Game

Home> Football

Published 07:49 9 Jun 2022 GMT+1

Burnley Teammates Wout Weghorst And Connor Roberts Clash During Nations League Game

Did he say: “Why don’t you do that for Burnley?”

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Wout Weghorst scored a last-minute winner for the Netherlands in their Nations League clash against Wales – and Burnley teammate Connor Roberts appeared to aim a cheeky dig at the striker moments later.

Louis van Gaal's side sit pretty at the top of League A after they picked up a hard-earned 2-1 win in Wednesday night's clash at the Cardiff City stadium.

Wales thought they had grabbed a point when Rhys Norrington-Davies bagged a header in the 92nd minute to cancel out Teun Koopmeiners' opener.

But that man Weghorst scored a trademark 93rd minute winner after some great work from Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong from midfield.

Advert

You can see that goal below.

Then, just moments after the final whistle blew, Wales defender Connor Roberts approached Burnley teammate and match winner Weghorst in what appeared to be fiery clash.

As you can see in the footage below, Roberts gets right into the face of Weghorst before appearing to say, "Why don’t you do that for Burnley?”

It looks like it takes a solid few seconds for the Netherlands forward to digest what his teammate just said, but Weghorst looked far from pleased with the comment.

Here's how social media reacted to the incident.

Weghorst, who signed for Burnley from Wolfsburg in a reported £12 million deal in January, suggested last week that he will leave Turf Moor ahead of the 2022/23 Championship campaign.

In an interview with Voetbal International, the 29-year-old striker said: "We have clearly agreed in advance that I will not play in the Championship.

"The club would like to keep me and will do everything they can to return to the Premier League as soon as possible.

“For next season it is important that I can perform at a high level, also with a view to the World Cup in Qatar.”

Image credit: Alamy
Image credit: Alamy

He added: "You shouldn’t believe everything the media says. There is interest from Germany, England, and Turkey.

“First I will focus on Orange here and perform as well as possible. Then we will talk to Burnley about how things are going next.”

Thoughts on the clash between Weghorst and Roberts after the full-time whistle on Wednesday?

Let us know in the comments.

Featured Image Credit: Astro Supersports/Twitter

Topics: Burnley, UEFA Nations League, Wales, Netherlands, EFL Championship

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

6 hours ago
7 hours ago
  • X
    6 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    7 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    7 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • UEFA Bans Two Countries From Facing Each Other in Nations League Draw
  • Ireland Issue Statement on Drawing Israel in UEFA Nations League
  • Arsenal Make Premier League History During Burnley Game and It Won't Be Repeated
  • Liverpool fans have already made their minds up on Florian Wirtz as Mo Salah claim made during Nations League clash