Mike Tyson stunned boxing critics and fans on social media as he looked impressive during his exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr.
And even though he didn't earn the win, the 54-year-old delivered a stellar performance against a younger fighter who last competed just two years ago.
Tyson last fought professionally when he suffered a crushing defeat to Kevin McBride in 2005.
But 'Iron' Mike fought at a steady pace for eight rounds unlike Jones Jr who visibly tired in the later rounds.
The former world heavyweight champion showed off his head movement and vintage shots as he fought to an entertaining draw in Los Angeles.
I'm absolutely surprised that a 54-year-old Tyson looks better than the 38-year-old that quit in his last fight. That's wild. #TysonJones
- Andreas Hale (@AndreasHale) November 29, 2020
At 54, Mike Tyson is still a bad man. Roy Jones Jr. would've been on the canvas had he not played it smart and evaded the entire time. Fighting aside, I love the person Tyson has become. His level of growth is outstanding. Respect to both legends.:clap: #TysonJones
- Da Kid Gowie (@DaKidGowie) November 29, 2020
Tyson isn't supposed to move like this at 54 bro :neutral_face:
- IGZ (@igzrap) November 29, 2020
Jones is noticeably more tired than Tyson halfway through round six of 8. Tyson still bobbing and weaving, moving his feet and throwing heat (for 54).
- Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 29, 2020
Tyson's last fight was 15 years ago. Lost 100 pounds. At 54 years old, looked like he was in top shape. Roy fought 3 years ago, is 3 years younger, and was winded after two rounds.
He don't have to ask his family whether he should run it back. We seen enough bruh. You good :joy:
- Jeff (@JeffJSays) November 29, 2020
Speaking after the result, he said: "Sometimes that two minutes felt like three minutes.
"I'm just happy I got this under my belt and I'm going to continue to go further and do more, absolutely.
"This is bigger than fighting and winning a championship. We're humanitarians, we're helping people.
"That's bigger, I'm into that now."
#TysonJones is scored a draw! :eyes:
Mike Tyson agrees.
Roy Jones Jr not so much... :joy: pic.twitter.com/XgwOyyQx3W
- Boxing on BT Sport (@BTSportBoxing) November 29, 2020
Tyson had been linked with former foe Evander Holyfield before opting to face Jones Jr.
With the boxing icon looking for more opportunities, a third fight with 'The Real Deal' could potentially be on the cards.
Featured Image Credit: Triller
- Mike Tyson Says He Was On Magic Mushrooms During Comeback Fight Against Roy Jones Jr
- The 'Major Concern' Raised For Mike Tyson Vs. Roy Jones Jr Exhibition Bout
- The Reason Why Mike Tyson's Exhibition Bout Against Roy Jones Jr Was Postponed
- When Mike Tyson had a ‘quick sparring session' with Jon Jones on the street