To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Mike Tyson Reacts To News Of 'Verbal Agreement' Over £36m Super-Fight With Jake Paul

Adnan Riaz

Published 
| Last updated 

Mike Tyson Reacts To News Of 'Verbal Agreement' Over £36m Super-Fight With Jake Paul

Featured Image Credit: PA

Boxing legend Mike Tyson has dismissed reports that he has reached a ‘verbal agreement’ over a lucrative super-fight with YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul.

The 55-year-old American superstar made his blockbuster return to the squared circle against fellow boxing legend Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition fight.

Loading…

Tyson had not ruled out a return to boxing after his split-draw decision over Jones, with Iron Mike previously linked with a mega-fight against Logan Paul.

However, The Sun on Monday reported that the former undisputed world heavyweight champion would face Logan’s younger brother this year.

According to reports, the huge pay-per-view clash would be an exhibition fight staged in Las Vegas and would be worth a hefty £36m.

“Mike and Jake are on board for an exhibition bout in Las Vegas,” an unnamed source told the newspaper.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Credit: PA

Read More:

“A verbal deal has been struck to get it on, but like all forms of sports business, now it's all about the contracts and money split.

“Mike is looking for a certain figure to get into the ring with a profit share guarantee.

“Jake obviously has that on his mind but [he] is keen to show the world that stepping into the ring with a man once called the Baddest Man on the Planet takes his boxing career to the next level.

“This fight bridges the gap between old-school boxing fans and the new generation of followers.”

The Baddest Man on the Planet took to Twitter to break his silence and revealed he had recently seen Paul, but the YouTube star never mentioned the so-called fight.

Tyson tweeted: “This is new to me. I saw Jake in St. Barths and he never mentioned it.”

Read More:

Paul, who turned 25 on Monday, has continued to push ahead with his boxing career and remains undefeated inside the squared circle.

The American star signed off 2021 with a sensational sixth-round KO win over former UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.

Paul now holds a 5-0 professional boxing record and has stopped all of his opponents to date, which includes ex-UFC fighter Ben Askren and former NBA star Nate Robinson.

Topics: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul, Boxing

Adnan Riaz
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Boxing

Jake Paul's FaceTime call was gatecrashed by Tommy Fury and they went at it yet again

15 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Mark Lawrenson says he was sacked by the BBC because he's a 'white male'

5 hours ago