To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Logan Paul is planning to take Floyd Mayweather to court because of a dispute over pay from their exhibition fight last year.
Former five-weight world boxing champion Mayweather fought Paul in a non-judged eight-round exhibition bout in June.
After the fight, it was reported that Mayweather could have earned as much as $65m (£53m) from the event.
Meanwhile, Paul reportedly earned a guaranteed fee of $250,000 (£205,000), and was owed another $5m (£4.1m) due to his 10 per cent share of the pay-per-view revenue.
However, the YouTuber-turned-boxer claimed in February that he had failed to receive his correct payment for the fight, branding Mayweather a "scumbag".
Paul has now confirmed that he still hasn't receive his full payment nearly a year on from the fight.
"No, he has not paid me in full," Paul told TMZ Sports.
"That is a fact. Short a few mil. Nah. We’re taking this one to court.
"See you in the courtroom. Congrats on going to prison, Floyd."
Mayweather has urged Paul to be patient, claiming delayed payments are part and parcel of boxing.
"This comes with the territory," said Mayweather back in February.
"To them, that's real money, and I like the YouTubers. The money on the back end though, from pay-per-view, that takes a while.
"Nothing comes right away. I'm still collecting cheques from fights seven or eight years ago.
"They just hate when the table is turned. Be happy with the biggest payday you ever got in your life."
Mayweather's comments came in response to fierce criticism from Paul.
"It's honestly bull****, [having] people who aren't a professional promotional company controlling where the money goes… we made that mistake," Paul said at the time.
"But it's Floyd Mayweather, so before we fought him we were kind of willing to do whatever [and] after the fact we’re shooting ourselves in the foot because he's a f***ing scumbag."
Mayweather was due to return to the ring with another exhibition bout against his former sparring partner Don Moore in Dubai on Saturday.
However, the fight was called off at the last minute following the death of the United Arab Emirates president Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Paul, meanwhile, is yet to return to the ring since facing Mayweather.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read