sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Anthony Joshua's camp have responded to Tyson Fury contract offer claim
Home>Boxing
Published 14:13 27 May 2023 GMT+1

Anthony Joshua's camp have responded to Tyson Fury contract offer claim

Tyson Fury wants to take on Anthony Joshua in what would be the fight of the year.

Alex Brotherton

Alex Brotherton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Late on Friday night Tyson Fury claimed he was trying to organise a fight with Anthony Joshua, but now it looks like that might not be the case.

A fight between the UK's top heavyweight boxers is what all fans of the sport want to see, especially after Fury's proposed bout with Oleksandr Usyk fell through earlier this year.

Fury was set to take on the WBA, IBF and WBO champions at Wembley Stadium in April, but multiple disagreements between the two camps over payments resulted in the fight being scrapped.

Now Fury wants to fight fellow British heavyweight Joshua, but already that plan has hit a hurdle.

Advert

On Friday night, Fury took to Twitter to announce that he had sent a fight contract to the Olympic gold medalist.

"A few days ago I sent a draft contract to @anthonyjoshua for a fight in September @wembleystadium," Fury said.

"It's a fight that everyone wants to see including myself. Come of AJ let's give the world what they want to see. This time I'm not gonna make a million vids & keep putting pressure on. the ball is now on your side.."

The mention of online videos references the many videos Fury posted online calling out Usyk in the months during their failed negotiations.

However, contrary to Fury's claims, boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has denied that the Gypsy King has sent a draft contract to Joshua.

According to IFL TV, Hearn confirmed that George Warren - son of famous boxing promoter Frank Warren - has reached out to the Joshua camp to restart talks about a fight in September.

However, Hearn claimed that Joshua doesn't believe Fury's offer, and so his priority is to fight in August before taking on Deontay Wilder in December in Saudi Arabia.

Given the circus that developed around the back-and-forth between Fury and Usyk, it's perhaps not surprising that Joshua is skeptical about his offer.

Fury is right about one thing though - a fight between the two titans of British heavyweight boxing is exactly what fans want to see. Hopefully, they can come to some sort of agreement.

Featured Image Credit: PA/Alamy

Topics: Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Heavyweight Boxing, Boxing, Wembley Stadium, Eddie Hearn

Alex Brotherton
Alex Brotherton

Alex Brotherton is a journalist at SPORTbible. He has previously worked with publications including the Manchester Evening News, GOAL and BBC Sport. He is a football fanatic, but also dabbles in tennis and American football. He can often be found watching dreadful non-league football.

X

@alex_brotherton

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
2 days ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Dana White reveals major problem for UFC White House event that he doesn't know how to solve

    The White House is proving to be a thorn in UFC's side, as a rose bush is attracting thousands of pesky guests

    Boxing
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    "Unacceptable" - Jake Paul bans boxing star from all MVP events after backstage altercation

    Jake Paul's Most Valuable Promotions have confirmed the ban in an official statement.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Tyson and Paris Fury's extraordinary wedding gift to Venezuela and new husband

    Tyson Fury and wife, Paris, set their 16-year-old daughter up for life with a wedding gift with husband Noah Price

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Why Venezuela Fury could be married aged 16 after Tyson's blessing

    The pair tied the knot during a lavish ceremony on Saturday, May 16.

    Boxing
  • Anthony Joshua's former foe offers himself as Tyson Fury warm-up opponent before blockbuster fight
  • Tyson Fury warm-up opponent update drops ahead of Anthony Joshua showdown
  • Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua winner will receive new championship belt
  • Turki Alalshikh makes huge Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury announcement live on Netflix