• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
WWE 'abandoning' strict rule which proves the Vince McMahon era is over

Home> Wrestling> WWE

Published 13:08 8 Apr 2024 GMT+1

WWE 'abandoning' strict rule which proves the Vince McMahon era is over

WWE have abandoned one of their strictest rule as Triple H continues to make huge changes.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

WWE have abandoned one of their strictest rules to prove that the Vince McMahon era is long gone.

The company had the first WrestleMania under the Paul 'Triple H' Levesque regime and it ended with Cody Rhodes dethroning Roman Reigns in the main event to become undisputed WWE champion.

Triple H is spearheading a new period for WWE and overseeing record attendance numbers and revenue.

Vince McMahon, the founder of WWE and WrestleMania, now has no involvement whatsoever following serious allegations of sexual abuse and sex trafficking.

He resigned from his role as the executive chairman of TKO, the company which houses both WWE and UFC.

Advert

As chief content officer and head of creative, 14-time world champion Triple H is now calling all the shorts and implementing a slew of changes.

There have been a slew of different tweaks to production but the biggest change involves terminology which was previously banned.

Previously, under McMahon, the term 'Sports Entertainment' was enforced across the board.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

Advert

The original reason for the phrase was so WWE did not have to follow the same rules as sports teams and leagues.

The terms "professional wrestling" and "pro wrestling" were banned by McMahon for years as a result.

But at WrestleMania, colour commentator Corey Graves said "pro wrestling is back" and veteran announcer Michael Cole uttered the words "Dammit I love pro wrestling".

According to Ibou of Wrestling Purists, the change in language was on purpose.

Advert

Taking to X, he wrote: "Spoke to someone from WWE who told me that the promotion is deliberately moving away from the terminology of Sports Entertainment."

At WrestleMania, streamer iShowSpeed broke WWE protocol by dropping the F-bomb on multiple occasions when he got involved in Logan Paul's United States title match.

Dressed as a prime bottle, the Cristiano Ronaldo superfan ended up getting RKO'd by Randy Orton on the announce table.

Featured Image Credit: WWE

Topics: WWE, Vince McMahon, Triple H, WrestleMania

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
22 hours ago
a day ago
  • GettyGetty
    4 hours ago

    Nikki Bella 'bent rules' and defied doctors to become WWE powerhouse in forties

    Nikki Bella takes on Becky Lynch for the Women's Intercontinental Championship at Clash in Paris on Sunday.

    Wrestling
  • GettyGetty
    22 hours ago

    Rampage Jackson issues furious statement after Syko Stu incident amid 'racism' allegation

    The former UFC champion has responded to backlash for his previous comments regarding Raja Jackson's shocking wrestling attack.

    Wrestling
  • GettyGetty
    a day ago

    UFC legend reveals what he 'knows' about Raja Jackson after shocking Syko Stu incident

    Tony Ferguson shared his thoughts on the incident between Raja Jackson and Syko Stu in an exclusive interview with SPORTbible.

    Wrestling
  • GoFundMe/Contessa PattersonGoFundMe/Contessa Patterson
    a day ago

    Syko Stu's wife issues statement after Raja Jackson assault as fundraiser launched

    An official GoFundMe campaign has been launched to support independent wrestler Stuart Smith.

    Wrestling
  • CM Punk reveals the one thing about his WWE return that proves Vince McMahon is 'gone'
  • IShowSpeed broke WWE protocol before being RKO'd by Randy Orton
  • Triple H names the true WWE GOAT after The Undertaker and John Cena return at WrestleMania
  • Vince McMahon had four secret rules during his WWE reign, including strict no-sneezing policy