sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
The Rock goes against strict WWE orders during live TV broadcast
Home>Wrestling>WWE
Published 14:38 27 Mar 2024 GMT

The Rock goes against strict WWE orders during live TV broadcast

WWE superstars have to adhere to the rule but The Rock, a TKO board member, has gone against the orders.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Rock has gone against WWE's strict orders after yelling another expletive on Monday Night Raw.

WWE has been a PG product since 2008 but the boundaries are being pushed of late, with the People's Champion at the centre of it.

Rock, real name Dwayne Johnson, is on the board of TKO which houses both WWE and UFC.

And it appears as though the 10-time world champion is able to do and say whatever he wants.

Advert

Monday's episode of Raw was closed out by the 51-year-old leaving Cody Rhodes a bloody mess after attacking him in the rain outside the arena.

Adopting a villainous persona, Rock told the 2023 and 2024 Royal Rumble winner: "This is what happens when you f*** with the final boss".

It’s pretty funny how swear words make wrestling fans go isn’t it 😂 pic.twitter.com/e5h83hBsHN

— Alex McCarthy (@AlexMcCarthy88) March 26, 2024

It is the latest instance of the Hollywood star swearing in his segments on TV and on social media since his shock return.

Earlier in the night Rhodes had used the word "w***fest" in his promo but SESScoops recently said that WWE's superstars received a memo reminding them the must follow PG guidelines on TV and social media.

The same report said that some WWE superstars wondered why The Rock was able to get away with swearing, though he responded and branded the claims

"complete horses**t."

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

In response to those having issue with his colourful language, on Instagram, The Rock said: "I talk from the heart, shoot from the hip and try to always have fun."

According to Dave Meltzer from the Wrestling Observer, The Rock is being given preferential treatment but broadcast networks are aware of what he is going to say beforehand.

He said: "The whole thing is The Rock promo is completely scripted but if it was anyone else they would just be not allowed to say it.

"With The Rock, it's like he can say whatever he wants but we know what he's going to say and when he's going to say it so anything they want to bleep out they will bleep out. And they know when to bleep it out because they are told ahead of time."

Featured Image Credit: WWE

Topics: WWE, Wrestling, The Rock

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 days ago
4 days ago
6 days ago
  • Getty
    2 days ago

    WWE set to bring shock star back to company despite being released

    The wrestler is said to have either already signed or is 'expected to do so soon'.

    Wrestling
  • Getty
    2 days ago

    WWE main event plunged into doubt after top star is arrested

    The WWE star was arrested a week before the biggest match of his career.

    Wrestling
  • WWE
    4 days ago

    Paul Heyman releases new statement after Brock Lesnar shockingly comes out of retirement

    Brock Lesnar returned to WWE

    Wrestling
  • Getty
    6 days ago

    Former WWE star reveals she had to follow strict cleavage rule

    The former WWE star said she felt it was a "form of objectification".

    Wrestling
  • John Cena Derailed WWE Broadcast to Reward Wrestler Who Snitched on The Rock
  • The Rock stuns fans with dramatic new physique as footage goes viral
  • The Rock Explains Dramatic Weight Loss After WWE Fans Shocked By Appearance
  • John Cena stepped in to pay WWE superstars' $100,000 fine after they went completely off-script during live broadcast