sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Australian Open star's bizarre X-rated signature raises eyebrows
Home>Tennis
Published 00:40 18 Jan 2023 GMT

Australian Open star's bizarre X-rated signature raises eyebrows

Viewers were quick to notice that the drawing leaned more on the inappropriate side of things.

Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Tennis star Taylor Fritz has caused a whole lot of laughter and even more confusion with an on-camera that resembled something largely X-rated.

The US player defeated Georgia’s Nikoloz Basilashvili at John Cain Arena and went over to the camera lens to write a message as has come tradition.

Although viewers were quick to notice that the drawing leaned more on the inappropriate side of things.

One fan simply asked: “Taylor Fritz, what is this?”

Taylor Fritz, what is this? pic.twitter.com/BVxSH9b03J

— Lee S (@underarm_ace) January 17, 2023

And well, the world number nine had a very valid explanation as to why his ‘NSFW drawing’ was broadcast across the world.

Advert

He tweeted: “For [your] information I was trying to draw a (lock) emoji... I just forgot the very important fact that I suck at drawing.”

Kudos for the attempt, I guess.

But that is definitely not a padlock.

While drawing may not be his forte, at least he’s good with his hands in other ways - in tennis, we mean.

Fritz’ victory on Tuesday (January 17) happened under a closed roof due to the extreme heat policy that was activated.

For ur information i was trying to draw a 🔒 emoji.... I just forgot the very important fact that I suck at drawing

— Taylor Fritz (@Taylor_Fritz97) January 17, 2023

The play was suspended on courts other than Rod Laver Arena and Margaret Court Arena until 5 pm due to the conditions.

However, the American was less than bothered by the hot weather.

He told the media at the press conference: “It’s hot, but it’s dry heat, so I don’t really mind it too much.

“I think playing in, like, D.C. last year, US Open some years, is much worse because it’s so hot, plus the humidity.

“When it’s like today, it’s not that humid … I don’t think it’s as bad.”

The 25-year-old was also asked about how he felt about the ‘Netflix curse’ that has seen players who appeared in the documentary series Breaking Point pull out of the Australian Open.

Australia’s Nick Kyrgios and Ajla Tomljanovic and Spain’s Paula Badosa all featured in the series and have all had to withdraw from the event.

Although, Fritz was unaware of the ‘curse’.

“I noticed the people pulling out of the tournament, but I didn’t know it was a thing, like ‘I’m going to lose my first round because I’m in the Netflix show,’” he said.

“I didn’t think of that.”

Featured Image Credit: Chris Putnam / Alamy. @natfolk/Twitter.

Topics: Tennis, Australian Open, Australia

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins is a Journalist at SPORTbible. He has worked across multiple media platforms in areas such as sport, music, pop culture, entertainment and politics. He is part of the editorial team for LADbible Australia.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

a day ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Jannik Sinner and Aryna Sabalenka walk out of press conferences early as French Open dispute intensifies

    Sinner and Sabalenka were among the top tennis stars who cut short their media duties.

    Tennis
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Worrying Jannik Sinner fitness update emerges days before French Open opener

    We could have a major without both Jannik Sinner and Carlos Alcaraz, as the two heavyweights feel the effects of a strenuous schedule

    Tennis
  • Getty Images
    3 days ago

    Novak Djokovic training with Grand Slam champion in preparation for Roland Garros

    Novak Djokovic has been training with a Grand Slam champion in preparation for Roland Garros.

    Tennis
  • Getty
    3 days ago

    Jannik Sinner given ranking points by ATP Tour ahead of French Open despite not playing

    Sinner has gained additional ranking points on his record - even though he hasn't played this week.

    Tennis
  • Australian Open Star Refuses To Answer ‘Unprofessional’ Donald Trump Question
  • Tennis Star Announces Retirement Days Before Australian Open
  • Two-Time Grand Slam Winner Is Banned From Australian Open
  • Aryna Sabalenka's Reaction After Losing Australian Open Final to Elena Rybakina