sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Racing channel forced to cut live broadcast after driver involved in sickening crash
Home>Other
Published 13:41 31 Mar 2025 GMT+1

Racing channel forced to cut live broadcast after driver involved in sickening crash

The live commentary team were clearly emotional as they watched one of the biggest crashes ever broadcast.

Ben McCrum

Ben McCrum

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A racing TV channel was forced to cut away from a live broadcast after a driver was involved in a horrific crash.

The first round of Kennol GT Endurance Cup got underway on Sunday as drivers competed in a gruelling four hour race at the Paul Ricard circuit in France.

Heading into the race fans were excited to see former Formula One drivers and other big names in motorsports compete at the prestigious event.

However, this excitement quickly turned to shock and worry as a driver was involved in a huge crash early in the race, forcing the broadcast team to immediately cut away.

Advert

At the start of lap two of the race, French diver Sebastian Lajoux made brief contact with former F1 star Tiago Monteiro, leading to him coming off of the track and hitting into the barriers in a shocking moment.

Lajoux's Porsche 911 GT3 Cup immediately shattered into several pieces and began rolling and flipping across the barriers at the side of the track, leading to audible gasps from the commentary team covering the race.

That escalated quickly, glad to hear everyone involved was okpic.twitter.com/DKYHISmaP6

— Mattzel89 (@Mattzel89) March 30, 2025

"Off the road goes the Seb Lajoux racing car! That is a huge unbelievable shunt off the contact with another Porsche cup car," said one member of the commentary team.

"An absolutely horrendous accident for Seb Lajoux from the lead in Porsche cup.

"That is unbelievable, red flag has been called, the race has been suspended and unsurprisingly, that is the only call that could have been made by race control.

"What an absolutely remarkable accident. That is the biggest accident we've seen in an Ultimate Cup paddock for quite some time and one of the biggest crashes I've seen in my commentary career."

(Image: Getty)
(Image: Getty)

Thankfully, it was later confirmed that Lajoux was able to get out of the car himself and walked away unharmed.

Over an hour later, the race resumed after it was confirmed that Lajoux was ok and the extensive damage to the barriers that the French driver had collided with had been repaired.

Featured Image Credit: Race 24

Topics: Motorsport

Ben McCrum
Ben McCrum

Ben is a sports journalist who specialises in football, Formula One and MMA. He has written for publications such as Manchester Evening News, WiganToday, Manchester World and beIN Sports. Throughout his career, he has interviewed top athletes including Gareth Southgate, Luke Littler, Tom Aspinall and Jenson Button.

X

@benmcc14

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
a day ago
5 days ago
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Kyle Busch cause of death revealed as severe pneumonia, sepsis as NASCAR star's family issue statement

    Busch passed away on Thursday at the age of 41 after being hospitalised with a 'severe illness'.

    Other
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Enhanced Games star attempting to beat his own world record that has stood for eight years

    A swimmer competing at the Enhanced Games is trying to break his own world record in Las Vegas.

    Other
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Kyle Busch asked for doctor immediately after NASCAR race 11 days before sudden death

    Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Busch passed away at the age of 41 on Thursday after being hospitalised with a 'severe illness'.

    Other
  • Getty Images
    5 days ago

    Caitlin Clark controversy causes outrage as WNBA called out

    The basketball superstar has once again made headlines, but not because of her performances on the court.

    Other
  • Red Bull chief confirms driver made 'secret visit' to the paddock this month amid Liam Lawson sacking
  • Heartbreaking reason Michael Schumacher's wife 'doesn't talk about the accident' after rare update given
  • Red Bull offer update on Max Verstappen's secret exit clause after disastrous start to 2025 season
  • What Michael Schumacher's 'small inner circle' have shared about his health amid 'sad' new update