| Last updated
Concerns have been raised over the past 18 months with regards to how the Olympic Games in Tokyo can be made as Covid-safe as possible.
And in an effort to keep athletes focused on their disciplines and socially distanced, organisers for this year's delayed event have created so-called 'anti-sex' beds.
The cardboard structures have been installed in athletes' dorms at the Olympic village and it's hoped it will help stem the tide of Covid in Japan.
Beds to be installed in Tokyo Olympic Village will be made of cardboard, this is aimed at avoiding intimacy among athletes- Paul Chelimo:flag_us: (@Paulchelimo) July 17, 2021
Beds will be able to withstand the weight of a single person to avoid situations beyond sports.
I see no problem for distance runners,even 4 of us can do:joy: pic.twitter.com/J45wlxgtSo
With a max weight of 200kg, the beds will reportedly collapse if competitors attempt to enjoy a bit of nookie in their spare time. So it will be clear who has been obeying the rules and who hasn't.
With that in mind, athletes have also been told not to use the customary condoms they have been given ahead of the start of the games this week, instead being asked to keep them as a memento of the games.
According to AFP, athletes had raised their concerns over the beds with event organisers, however, the manufacturer said they should encounter no problems 'as long as they stick to just two people in the beds'.
It's understood that the beds will be removed and recycled once the games are finished, with the village being turned into luxury apartments.
But this is just one of the rules participants are being asked to adhere to during the tournament.
According to reports, athletes will also not be allowed to buy alcohol and bring it into the village with them, while family are also banned from the site.
And any rule breakages could be punishable with disqualification from the games.
One person who won't be competing at this year's event is British runner and Olympic icon Mo Farah.
The four-time British champion was at the Manchester Regional Arena last month to try and secure a spot on the team ahead of the 27 June deadline.
The invitational race had been arranged after Farah failed to qualify during the 10,000m trials in Birmingham earlier that month.
Farah, 38, needed to come in under 27 minutes and 28 seconds, but he ended up clocking a time of 27 minutes and 47.04 seconds.
This means that he will not be able to defend the Olympic 10,000m title he won in 2012 and 2016 as Team GB heads to Japan next month.
Speaking after his attempt, Farah said: "You go out there and give it all and that's all you have. It's quite windy. I tried to push and push and I ran my lungs out.
"That's all you can do as a human being, give it your all. I've had a wonderful career. I'm very grateful. That's all I had today."
LADbible has contacted the International Olympic Committee for a comment regarding the 'anti-sex' beds.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read