sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Joao Palhinha move 'collapses' despite player having 'taken pictures in Bayern Munich shirt'
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 17:41 1 Sep 2023 GMT+1Published 17:15 1 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Joao Palhinha move 'collapses' despite player having 'taken pictures in Bayern Munich shirt'

It's a massive twist.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Joao Palhinha's move to Bayern Munich has dramatically collapsed despite the player having taken pictures in the German outfit's colours, it has been claimed.

On Friday, it emerged that Palhinha has been given permission to travel to Germany as Bayern tried to thrash out a deadline day deal for the Portugal star.

The Bundesliga side's coach Thomas Tuchel was thought to be keen to add the 28-year-old to his squad, having signed England captain Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the window.

However the move, which was said to be in its final stages, dramatically appears to be collapsing.

Advert

Fabrizio Romano said on X, the social media platform formally known as Twitter: "João Palhinha completed two round of medical tests, took pictures in Bayern shirt but deal is currently collapsing."

The Italian then added: "João Palhinha deal, 100% OFF. No way to change the situation despite medical and media duties done today.

"Been told Fulham tried last minute for Scott McTominay… but no deal on player side and Palhinha will return to Fulham."

Indeed, Fulham were reluctant to lose the influential Palhinha, but the player was thought to be keen to play Champions League football.

The fee was expected to be about £65million. The player would have been the second high-profile player to depart Craven Cottage in recent weeks after striker Aleksandar Mitrovic joined Al-Hilal in the Saudi Pro League.

Transfer guru Romano insisted however, that the twist in Palhinha's move will have no affect on Liverpool's attempts to sign Gravenberch.

The transfer guru said: "Sources confirm Ryan Gravenberch deal should be and will be fine despite the incredible turnaround with João Palhinha.

"Liverpool believe all documents needed are already signed."

Liverpool have agreed a fee in the region of €40million (£34.2million) to sign Gravenberch from Bayern.

The 21-year-old midfielder is set to sign a five-year deal with Jurgen Klopp's side.

Bayern wanted to recoup the £20million fee inclusive of add-ons they spent on recruiting Gravenberch last summer from Ajax, plus make a profit. Ajax are understood to have a 7.5 per cent sell-on clause in the Netherlands international's deal.

It had been claimed that Bayern wanted to source a replacement before sanctioning Gravenberch's departure, with Palhinha the primary target.

Featured Image Credit: Getty/X

Topics: Football, Transfers, Liverpool, Fulham, Bayern Munich

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Image Credit: Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Newcastle set to receive FIFA compensation fee after Alexander Isak transfer to Liverpool

    The Alexander Isak funds continue to pour in despite Liverpool being paid up

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Man City handed second blow as player decides to leave with Pep Guardiola

    Manchester City is being faced with a huge rebuild project in the summer transfer window as another icon walks out with Pep

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Arsenal player 'open to leaving the club' after winning Premier League title

    The Arsenal star became a Premier League champion but could move on this summer.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Bombshell report into spygate scandal reveals 'disguise' used by Southampton

    More shocking details from Southampton's spying ahead of the play-off final have emerged.

    Football
  • The rule which means Bayern Munich were denied penalty vs PSG
  • Man Utd Player Rejected Last-Ditch Move to Bayern Munich as Shock Bid Revealed
  • Spurs fans have come to immediate verdict on Joao Palhinha after his debut against Bayern Munich
  • Bayern Munich tipped to sign £109 million superstar after missing out on Florian Wirtz to Liverpool