sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Kevin De Bruyne Incident Goes Viral After Napoli's Defeat to AC Milan
Home>Football>Serie A
Updated 10:00 29 Sep 2025 GMT+1Published 09:14 29 Sep 2025 GMT+1

Kevin De Bruyne Incident Goes Viral After Napoli's Defeat to AC Milan

The former Manchester City man could not help his Napoli side avoid defeat at the San Siro.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A clip of an incident involving Napoli’s Kevin De Bruyne has gone viral following the Serie A champions’ defeat against AC Milan.

Napoli suffered their first league defeat of the season at the hands of AC Milan on Sunday.

The Campania side, made up of Scott McTominay and co., struggled against the in-form Milan, who went top on goal difference.

Massimiliano Allegri’s side went ahead three minutes in thanks to Alexis Saelemaekers' strike before former Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic bagged his fourth goal of the Serie A campaign to double his side’s advantage on 31 minutes.

Advert

However, summer signing and former Brighton right-back Pervis Estupinan was shown red on 57 minutes, leaving his side down to ten men, before De Bruyne converted the ensuing penalty to pull one back for Antonio Conte’s outfit.

And despite scoring, De Bruyne was withdrawn on 73 minutes to the dismay of the Belgian, who made his feelings clear as he trudged off.


McTominay and on-loan Manchester United striker Rasmus Hojlund were also brought off with De Bruyne.

This came after the attacking midfielder was sacrificed in the first half of his return to the Etihad during Napoli’s 2-0 Champions League group phase defeat against Manchester City earlier this month.

As the 34-year-old made his way towards the bench at San Siro on Sunday evening, he appeared visibly annoyed at the substitution, causing some fans to react on social media.

One said: “I thought I was the only one who had an Issue with it. If KDB won't be on the pitch for an 11 v 10, then when?

“When they were the ones down to ten versus city, they sacrificed KDB, so why take him off in this kinda game? Conte got the decision wrong.”

Another added: “KDB is never afraid to show his displeasure! He did it to Pep a few times.”

Kevin De Bruyne was not best pleased (Credit:Getty)
Kevin De Bruyne was not best pleased (Credit:Getty)

A third claimed: “Brought on a decent target man only to take off the only one with enough quality to get a ball to him. Masterful gambit, Mr Conte.”

Since joining Napoli from City in the summer, De Bruyne has registered three goals but has yet to produce an assist in his six appearances for the Italians.

After the loss in Milan, Conte discussed the 34-year-old’s reaction.

The Italian said: "I tried to bring in fresh players for one-on-one situations because Milan were closing down a lot. I swapped the striker for Lucca and nothing happened... You make substitutions to try and do something good. I think they were the right changes."

When pressed on De Bruyne’s reaction, Conte added: "I hope he was upset about the result because if he was upset about something else, he's got the wrong person."

De Bruyne has since posted on social media but did not directly address the incident. Alongside two snaps of him and Luka Modric, a caption read: "Everybody enjoys good football. Good to see you brate @lukamodric10."

Napoli return to action with a Champions League clash at home against Sporting Club on Wednesday.

Featured Image Credit: CBS

Topics: Football, Napoli, Kevin De Bruyne, Serie A, AC Milan, Antonio Conte

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Ronnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'GettyAteba Gautier was called the 'future' by Joe Rogan, but he's more interested in what his cats thinkMike Roach/Zuffa LLC

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
7 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Casemiro's name is purposefully spelt wrong on the back of his Man Utd shirt

    The Brazilian says he is a superstitious person.

    Football
  • Getty Images - X/alex_the_kid_official IG
    2 hours ago

    Elliot Anderson's reaction after fan shouts 'United next season' outside Old Trafford is going viral

    Anderson is being linked with a summer move to Manchester United.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Wayne Rooney tells Arne Slot to drop Mo Salah for Anfield farewell game

    Liverpool will take on Brentford in their final game of the season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    'Unacceptable' - Ligue 1 match abandoned after just 22 minutes as ultras invade pitch

    They have won just five of their league matches all season and some fans have had enough.

    Football
  • Antonio Conte Has Given Kevin De Bruyne List of Rules to Follow as Warning Issued
  • Antonio Conte Has Shown Kevin De Bruyne What Happens if He Doesn't Heed Warning
  • Scott McTominay is Napoli's 'Biggest Problem' Following Kevin De Bruyne Transfer
  • AC Milan fans stage incredible San Siro protest as ultras release scathing statement