sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Everton could be 'forced to sell' their new stadium if they are relegated after points deduction confirmed
Home>Football>Premier League
Published 15:03 17 Nov 2023 GMT

Everton could be 'forced to sell' their new stadium if they are relegated after points deduction confirmed

The new ground has been a source of hope for so long.

Joe Adams

Joe Adams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Everton could be forced to sell their new stadium if they suffer relegation this season.

Earlier on Friday, the Premier League confirmed that Everton would be deducted 10 points for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

The Toffees are now just the second team in top-flight history, after Portsmouth, to be handed a points deduction.

In an official statement, Everton said they are 'shocked and disappointed' by the ruling and confirmed they intend to appeal the decision.

Advert

The decision will banish Everton, who currently occupy 14th in the table, deep into to the relegation zone, with a battle for survival on their hands.

Should they fail to stay up, the club's new home at Bramley-Moore Dock, which has been a source of hope for so long, could have to be sold.

That's according to the Daily Mail, who claim that the state of the art stadium could be sold to "raise cash and an arrangement reached by which Everton would become the tenant."

Indeed, Everton are only two points adrift of safety and still stand a decent chance of turning the situation around.

Although the club could be thrust into further financial trouble following reports that Burnley, Leeds and Leicester are planning to sue Everton for a total of £300 million.

Reacting to their points deduction, the club said in a statement: “The club believes that the commission has imposed a wholly disproportionate and unjust sporting sanction.

"Everton maintains that it has been open and transparent in the information it has provided to the Premier League and that it has always respected the integrity of the process.

"The club does not recognise the finding that it failed to act with the utmost good faith and it does not understand this to have been an allegation made by the Premier League during the course of proceedings.

"Both the harshness and severity of the sanction imposed by the commission are neither a fair nor a reasonable reflection of the evidence submitted.

“The Club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Everton, Football, Premier League

Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Joe is a Journalist for SPORTbible with a primary focus on football. He has previously covered a number of other sports including boxing, rugby and F1. Wishes he was born left-footed.

X

@joeadamsjourno

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
6 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Simon Jordan reacts to Everton's points deduction and makes bold Man City claim
  • Fans are all making the same point after Everton points deduction confirmed
  • The biggest points deductions in football history as Everton hit with 10 point deduction
  • The two clubs responsible for Everton's points deduction revealed