• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Fans are all making the same point after Everton points deduction confirmed

Home> Football> Premier League

Updated 14:35 17 Nov 2023 GMTPublished 13:20 17 Nov 2023 GMT

Fans are all making the same point after Everton points deduction confirmed

Everton have dropped to 19th in the Premier League table.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Everton's 10-point deduction from the Premier League over a FFP rule breach has seen football fans ask the same question.

The Premier League confirmed the club's punishment in a statement published on Friday. It sees Sean Dyche's side drop from 14th to 19th in the table, only above Burnley on goal difference.

Everton were referred to an independent commission in March for breaching profitability and sustainability rules in the 2021/2022 season.

The Toffees are now the second team in Premier League history, after Portsmouth, to receive a points deduction.

Advert

In an official statement, Everton said they are 'shocked and disappointed' by the ruling and confirmed they intend to appeal the decision.

On social media, it's seen supporters bring up 115 charges issued against reigning champions Manchester City in February and an ongoing investigation into Chelsea breaking FFP rules.

City were charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times, allegedly during a nine-year period between 2009 and 2018.

In that time, they became the leading force in English football and won three Premier League titles. City have denied any wrongdoing throughout the process.

City have denied any wrongdoing. (Image
Getty)

Earlier this week, it was revealed in the Guardian that Chelsea are currently under investigation by the Premier League and Football Association over secret payments made by companies belonging to Roman Abramovich, Chelsea's owner between 2003 and 2022.

Chelsea have not been charged at the time of writing.

It's seen Twitter users question how Everton have managed to be charged so quickly compared to their top-flight rivals.

Chelsea are currently under investigation by the Premier League and Football Association. (Image
Getty)

One person said: "City fans are hilarious they have 115 charges made against them and they still somehow think their club is innocent on all 115 charges."

Another tweeted: "When are they going to act on City's 115 charges?"

Someone put: "Ok, so Everton got the points deduction for FFP breaches, but why is everything quiet regarding City and Chelsea?"

While a fourth added: "They hate Everton and nothing can convince me otherwise."

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City, Premier League, Fan Reactions

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is a social editor for SPORTbible after moving from the writing team. Nearly scored past Stormzy at Old Trafford once.

X

@DanMarland_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • X
    4 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    5 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    6 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • Fans are all making the same point after Everton denied last minute penalty against Man United
  • Premier League Darts Opening Night Has Fans Making Same Complaint
  • Man Utd fans are all making the same point after Everton's points deduction confirmed
  • Al Nassr fans are all making the same point about Jhon Duran after goalless draw in AFC Champions League