Everton’s Latest Wilfried Zaha Bid Rejected After Offering £70m Plus Two Players
Everton's pursuit of Wilfried Zaha has taken a major blow after Crystal Palace rejected a stunning offer of £70m plus James McCarthy and Cenk Tosun.
The Crystal Palace star, 26, has been linked with the Toffees in recent weeks after Arsenal ended their interest in him.
According to Sky Sports, the Eagles have turned down the latest offer for the Ivorian winger as they continue to hold out for their £80m asking price.
Sky sources claim that Zaha is apparently 'very disappointed
and disillusioned about the situation.'
Arsenal wanted to make Zaha their marquee summer signing and
had launched a £40m bid for the ex-Manchester United player.
But Crystal Palace rejected the offer and the Gunners turned
their attention to Nicolas Pepe, who was signed for a club-record fee of £72m.
Zaha, who was also linked with Borussia Dortmund, penned a new deal with Crystal Palace last year and is tied with the club until 2023.
Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson admitted last month that he has been kept in the dark over the future of the Ivory Coast international.
"He's dealing with the chairman at the moment. The chairman's his link, they get on very well and know each other very well," he told Sky Sports after his side's 5-0 pre-season win over Bristol City.
"Most of what's going on with Wilfried is going on between him and the chairman and I can't enlighten you at all.
"I know what you know. I know it through reading on your websites or in newspapers."
Hodgson also said at the time that he was unsure if Everton
had submitted a bid for Zaha.
Crystal Palace will kick off their Premier League campaign
on Saturday when they host Everton at Selhurst Park.
Will Zaha leave Crystal Palace before the end of the transfer window?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA