sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Mario Balotelli 'Paid A Bar Owner €2000' To Drive His Moped Into The Sea And There's Footage
Home>Football
Updated 10:45 27 Jan 2022 GMTPublished 10:46 27 Jan 2022 GMT

Mario Balotelli 'Paid A Bar Owner €2000' To Drive His Moped Into The Sea And There's Footage

Vintage Balotelli.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Mario Balotelli once challenged a bar owner to drive his Moped into the sea for €2000 and he uploaded the footage to Instagram. Check it out below.

Balotelli apparently made the bet with Catello Buonocore back in 2019 and it took place in the coastal city of Mergellina, Naples.

The video begins with Buonocore on his moped, barely clothed, and hurdling towards the sea.

He goes flying in and the camera pans back to Balotelli who can be seen laughing with shocked spectators in the background.

Image
Alamy

Reports at the time claimed Buonocore declared: "My moped was only worth €600 anyway," while collecting his earnings from Balotelli.

Luckily he didn't suffer any injuries, or that €2000 would've dwindled away very quickly.

The whole saga almost landed Balotelli in trouble with the law, with Football-Italia claiming Balotelli had been accused of 'criminal solicitation and gambling.'

Reports said the moped had been taken out of the sea but that didn't stop claims of the 'abandonment of hazardous waste' being lodged.

It's the kind of thing we've come to expect from the former Manchester City man.

Image
Alamy

Balotelli currently plays for Turkish outfit Adana Demirspor and has received a shock call-up to the Italy squad for their three-day training camp in Florence.

The 31-year-old hasn't played for his country since 2018 and manager Roberto Mancini has insisted it isn't down to desperation.

Italy are yet to qualify for this year's World Cup in Qatar and face North Macedonia in the play-offs in March.

"Am I playing a desperate card? No," Mancini stressed in a press conference on Wednesday. "If that desperation is the same as that before the European Championship, then that's fine.

"But that's not the situation here. Over the next few days we'll try different things and evaluate players that have not been called up for a while, like Mario, and others that are new."

Balotelli made the headlines earlier this season for appearing to 'punch' a teammate in frustration.

After being substituted early in a game, Balotelli took his seat on the bench and threw his shinpads to the floor.

He also shouted at manager Samet Aybaba and other coaches in the area before striking the teammate to his right.

In typical Balotelli fashion however, he calmed down rather quickly and then starting acting like nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.

Featured Image Credit: Mario Balotelli/Instagram

Topics: Football, Mario Balotelli, Italy

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is SPORTbible's Senior Social Editor.

X

@DanMarland_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football