sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd legend Gary Neville vents fury towards the Glazer family in latest stinging attack
Home>Football
Published 10:10 20 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Man Utd legend Gary Neville vents fury towards the Glazer family in latest stinging attack

Neville has had his say.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United legend Gary Neville has aimed a fresh attack at the Glazer family as the takeover process involving his former club continues.

The Glazers, who currently own United, have not made an announcement on the process since November, when they confirmed that the club's board were to 'explore strategic alternatives'.

Following that statement, several parties prepared bids for either a full takeover, majority stake or minority stake in United.

Qatari businessman Sheikh Jassim, through his Nine Two Foundation, wants a full takeover, and has submitted five separate bids to buy the club.

Advert

The Guardian claim that 'the sense both publicly and privately' is that Sheikh Jassim has 'slipped ahead' of takeover rival Sir Jim Ratcliffe, who wants a majority share of the club.

However, the same report adds that both parties were still in 'active and detailed' discussions last week with Raine Group, the US merchant bank that are overseeing negotiations on behalf of the Glazers.

A conclusion to the process is yet to be confirmed, and with the transfer window now open, manager Erik ten Hag is said to be 'increasingly frustrated' that the takeover uncertainty is affecting his transfer plans.

Now, Neville - a staunch critic of the Glazers - has again aired his feelings on the saga.

Neville hits out at Glazers over Man Utd sale

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Neville fumed: "Embarrassing. But it's what they [the Glazers] have done, drag everything out. It's always in their best interests.

"Fans not being updated by owners on the ownership sale is not good enough, but fitting with how they have operated for 20 years now."

After the Women's FA Cup final last month, in which United lost to Chelsea, co-owner Avram Glazer was asked by Sky News journalist Tyrone Francis to give any updates on the sale. However, Glazer refused to answer.

And in a tweet on May 31, Neville accused the Glazers of 'unprofessional' behaviour over their handling of a potential sale.

He wrote: "They've been spinning it out unprofessionally for weeks and months now. They know fan protests would have been more significant than they already have if matches were still being played and the end result of the sale process is unpopular.

"Basically any family members staying in would be deemed unacceptable by all fans. Is this why they're holding off?"

Featured Image Credit: Alamy / AP Photo/Dave Thompson

Topics: Manchester United, Gary Neville, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

9 hours ago
10 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    12 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    12 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Gary Neville fumes at 'ridiculous' VAR decision in Man United vs Nottingham Forest
  • Gary Neville drops Man City 115 charges theory that makes Ian Wright say 'Really?'
  • Gary Neville Names Forgotten Brazilian Legend as the 'Best I Played Against'
  • Gary Neville risks Man Utd backlash with Benjamin Sesko comments after Everton winner