sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool 'set to complete' Alexis Mac Allister signing with £60m deal '99 per cent done'
Home>Football
Published 20:17 31 May 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool 'set to complete' Alexis Mac Allister signing with £60m deal '99 per cent done'

Liverpool are set to complete a major deal.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool are set to make Brighton star Alexis Mac Allister their first signing of the summer, according to a new report.

The Reds have been linked with completing a deal to sign Mac Allister for much of the past month, with Fabrizio Romano reporting that they had presented their project and financial proposal to the player and his representatives.

And the journalist claimed that Liverpool had taken a further step in the deal last week, writing that a move was 'close' amid reported interest from Manchester City.

The 24-year-old midfielder has been impressive throughout the campaign for Brighton, scoring 10 goals and providing two assists in 35 Premier League appearances.

Advert

He also won the World Cup with Argentina in Qatar, assisting Angel Di Maria's second goal in the final.

Differing reports have claimed that Liverpool could pay between £60 or £70 million for the midfielder, with Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi stating after the 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa last Sunday that Mac Allister had likely played his final game for the club.

Now, a new update has been released on a potential transfer - as well as the contract that Liverpool have reportedly offered to the midfielder.

Mac Allister 'set to join Liverpool'

According to Football Insider, Mac Allister has now agreed to join Liverpool - meaning the deal could be completed imminently.

It is claimed that personal terms have been finalised, and the Reds will pay a fee of £60 million to bring the Argentinian to Anfield.

According to sources, Mac Allister has been offered a contract of £150,000-per-week to move to the six-time Champions League winners, which is said to be around triple the amount of money he currently earns at Brighton.

The deal would represent Liverpool's first transfer of what is expected to a busy summer, with four players already released and Arthur Melo returning to parent club Juventus.

With speculation over the futures of Kostas Tsimikas and Caoimhin Kelleher, there could be even more business done than anticipated.

But Liverpool's priority is in bolstering their midfield - and the addition of Mac Allister will go a long way to achieving that goal.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy / Mark Cosgrove/News Images

Topics: Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister, Premier League, Brighton And Hove Albion, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

6 mins ago
an hour ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    6 mins ago

    Footage shows Joao Pedro's family reacting to Brazil squad announcement and it's a painful watch

    Pedro was left out of Carlo Ancelotti's 26-man squad.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Joao Pedro issues statement after being left out of Brazil's World Cup squad as Carlo Ancelotti addresses decision

    To the surprise of many, Pedro has been left out alongside a number of other big names.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Jamie Carragher slams Alexis Mac Allister for 'embarrassing' moment during Liverpool loss to Aston Villa
  • Ibrahima Konate's picture of Alexis Mac Allister goes viral after fans spot former player on dressing room bin
  • Alexis Mac Allister names the Premier League opponent who winds him up the most who he 'wants to kick'
  • Alexis Mac Allister Snubs England When Naming His Four Contenders to Win World Cup