sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cristiano Ronaldo's Saudi club Al Nassr 'make contact' over deal for Liverpool star Mohamed Salah
Home>Football
Updated 14:35 3 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 14:36 3 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Cristiano Ronaldo's Saudi club Al Nassr 'make contact' over deal for Liverpool star Mohamed Salah

Saudi Arabian clubs are interested in Mohamed Salah.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al Nassr are attempting to sign Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah, it has been claimed.

Ever since Ronaldo acrimoniously departed Manchester United for Al-Nassr last season, the Saudi Pro League has attracted some of the game’s biggest stars.

Al-Ittihad won the title in back in May and have since added Karim Benzema and N’Golo Kanté to their ranks. Meanwhile, Al-Hilal, the most successful team in Saudi Arabia and Asia in terms of titles, have signed Rúben Neves from Wolves and Chelsea’s Kalidou Koulibaly.

The fourth of the Gulf state’s ‘big four’, Al-Ahli, announced the arrival of Édouard Mendy on Wednesday, while many more of Europe’s elite are expected to make a move before the new season kicks off in August.

Advert

Indeed, a Saudi football official, Hafez Al-Medlej even claimed he wanted to see Liverpool’s talisman, Salah, sign in future.

"Let’s hope that Bernardo Silva, from Manchester City, arrives. We must also start working on the signing of Mohamed Salah since he is overwhelmingly popular in the Arab world and in Europe," Al-Medlej recently told Koura.

"I think Salah still has records to break with Liverpool, so I hope that if he doesn’t come now he will in the future."

Salah to Saudi Arabia?

Rudy Galetti told GIVEMESPORT Al-Nassr and Al-Hilal are both attempting to sign Salah this summer.

On the Liverpool star, the journalist said: "For sure, he's attracted the attention of Saudi Arabian clubs.

“Al-Nassr and Al-Hilal, at the moment, are the clubs that have shown the greatest interest in Mohamed Salah.

“Contacts are in progress and both clubs are trying to understand if there is room for negotiation."

Salah moving to Saudi Arabia this summer appears unlikely, however, given the 31-year-old signed a new Liverpool contract last year and remains at the peak of his powers.

In an underwhelming season for the Reds, the Egyptian netted some 30 goals in 51 appearances.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Transfers, Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah, Liverpool, Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Pro League

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Cristiano Ronaldo's furious actions spotted after Al Nassr lose AFC Champions League Two final
  • Cristiano Ronaldo left 'in tears' after unthinkable scenario plays out in Al Nassr game
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr set for major ownership change just days after he signed £340 million deal
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr set to axe star player who complained about life in Saudi Arabia

Choose your content:

10 mins ago
an hour ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    10 mins ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move

    Guardiola is set to leave Man City

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Lawyer reaches Man City 115 charges verdict after 'speaking to insiders'

    A football lawyer has suggested that life at Man City could take a turn for the worse with the 115 charges adding to the post-Guardiola woes

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Scotland announce 26-man squad for first World Cup in 28 years

    Scotland's squad for the World Cup has been confirmed.

    Football