sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Brentford and England striker Ivan Toney charged with 232 alleged breaches of the FA's betting rules
Home>Football
Updated 19:00 16 Nov 2022 GMTPublished 18:49 16 Nov 2022 GMT

breaking

Brentford and England striker Ivan Toney charged with 232 alleged breaches of the FA's betting rules

Ivan Toney's alleged breaches are said to have taken place between 25 February 2017 and 23 January 2021.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been charged by the FA with 232 alleged breaches of betting rules.

Last week, Toney released a statement confirming he was assisting the governing body with its investigation after it was reported that he had been gambling on football games.

In a statement, the FA said Toney has been charged with misconduct for allegedly breaching FA rule E8 on 232 separate occasions.

These alleged breaches happened over a four-year period between 25 February 2017 and 23 January 2021, prior to Toney playing in the Premier League with Brentford.

Advert

Details of the alleged bets have not been disclosed but FA regulations prohibit players in the Premier League, English Football League, National League and The FA Women’s Super League and The FA Women’s Championship from betting on any football matches.

Brentford issued a statement on the matter, writing: "The club has been in discussion with Ivan and his legal representatives. Those conversations will continue privately. We will make no further comment until the matter has been completed."

Toney looked to be in the frame for England's World Cup squad but was left out by Gareth Southgate, who chose Harry Kane, Callum Wilson and Marcus Rashford.

The news would explain why Toney was omitted for the showpiece in Qatar. The 26-year-old has scored 10 goals this season, including a brace in the dramatic 2-1 win over Premier League champions Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Toney, who turned down an approach from Jamaica, was called up by England for the first time in September but did not take to the pitch in games against Italy and Germany.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Brentford, England, Premier League, FA

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

11 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    11 mins ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel has made some difficult phone calls over the past 48 hours.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Chelsea Charged by FA With 74 Alleged Rule Breaches as Official Statement Released
  • Brentford striker Ivan Toney faces six-month ban for betting charges
  • Premier League Club ‘Plotting’ Genius Ivan Toney Swap Deal
  • Ivan Toney charged with 30 more FA betting rule breaches, total sits at 262