Ivan Toney charged with 30 more FA betting rule breaches, total sits at 262
| Last updated
Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been charged for a second time after allegedly breaching the Football Association's betting rules an additional 30 times.
The England international was initially charged in November over 232 alleged breaches of the FA's betting rules.
A statement reads: "Ivan Toney has been charged with misconduct in relation to alleged breaches of the FA’s betting rules.
"In addition to the previous charge, it is alleged that the Brentford FC forward breached FA rule E8 a further 30 times between 14 March 2017 and 18 February 2019. Ivan Toney has until Wednesday 4 January 2023 to provide a response."
A statement from Brentford adds: "The FA have informed Brentford FC that Ivan Toney has been charged in relation to additional alleged breaches of their betting rules.
"Our private discussions with Ivan and his legal representatives on this matter continue. Ivan has until Wednesday 4 January 2023 to provide a response. We will make no further comment at this stage."
Toney, who was not named in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar has previously said that he was assisting the FA with the enquiries amid accusations that he had bet on matches.
Back in November, the Daily Mail reported that Toney was the subject of an FA investigation, which led to the Brentford striker tweeting: "I'm aware of a story about me in a national newspaper today.
"I have been assisting the Football Association with their enquiries and will not be making any comment until such investigation has reached its conclusion."
Toney is not the first England player to have been under such investigation by the FA.
Kieran Trippier was banned from all football activity for 10 weeks after he told a friend to "lump on" him joining Atletico Madrid.
Brentford will be back in Premier League action on Boxing Day as they host Tottenham Hotspur at the Gtec Community Stadium.