sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
PGMOL release statement confirming David Coote decision after concluding investigation into disgraced referee
Home>Football>Football News
Updated 16:26 9 Dec 2024 GMTPublished 16:06 9 Dec 2024 GMT

PGMOL release statement confirming David Coote decision after concluding investigation into disgraced referee

The PGMOL have made a decision on David Coote.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL) have released a statement on the future of David Coote.

Last month, Coote was suspended and place under an investigation led by the PGMOL after an alleged video of him speaking about Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp emerged on social media.

The

In the footage, a man which appears to be Coote said: "Liverpool were s***."

Advert

When asked about ex-Reds boss Klopp, he replied: "A c***. Absolute c***. Aside from having a right pop at me when I refereed them against Burnley in lockdown, then he accused me of lying and then just had a right f***ing pop at me. I've got no interest in speaking to somebody who's f***ing arrogant. [James] Milner's alright. I get on with Milner."

On Monday, an official statement was released by the PGMOL after the conclusion of the investigation, with the decision being to terminate Coote's employment.

The statement read: "Following the conclusion of a thorough investigation into David Coote’s conduct, his employment with PGMOL has been terminated today with immediate effect.

"David Coote’s actions were found to be in serious breach of the provisions of his employment contract, with his position deemed untenable."

It continued: "Supporting David Coote continues to be important to us and we remain committed to his welfare.

"David Coote has a right to appeal the decision to terminate his employment."

Coote's last match in charge was the Premier League clash between Liverpool and Aston Villa, which was held at Anfield on November 9. The Reds came away 2-0 winners thanks to goals from Darwin Nunez and Mohamed Salah.

David Coote took charge of Liverpool vs Aston Villa this season. Image: Getty
David Coote took charge of Liverpool vs Aston Villa this season. Image: Getty

Last month, it was reported that Coote could be offered a chance to restart his career in the Middle East.

As reported by the Daily Mail, Saudi Arabia could offer Coote a way out of English football.

The report stated: "Saudi Arabia could offer an escape route for David Coote – should the under-fire referee end up with the sack.

"Verdicts are expected in the near future and if Coote gets the red card – with many viewing his position as untenable - he may be seek to resurrect his career in the Middle East."


Featured Image Credit: X/Getty

Topics: Football, PGMOL

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Decision over Man City's fate in 115 charges hearing moves step closer after bombshell update
  • PGMOL issue statement as David Coote suspended and investigation launched over Liverpool video
  • David Coote offered 'escape route' amid PGMOL investigation over Liverpool video
  • David Coote 'makes swift U-turn on response' to viral Liverpool video after being suspended by PGMOL pending investigation

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool launch £92m raid for two players from the same club

    Arne Slot is clearly being backed by the board again as he launches another summer of spending

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso prepared to unleash 6ft 7in Chelsea giant yet to play a game for the club

    The new Chelsea boss is wasting no time in making a massive change to the squad.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'I've been told...' - Man City to lose third player in mass exodus amid Pep Guardiola exit rumours

    Guardiola is expected to leave Man City at the end of the season - and several more players could follow him out of the door.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Hull City consider legal action hours before Southampton expulsion verdict

    The Tigers are considering taking major legal action to secure promotion to the Premier League.

    Football