• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Paul Pogba's representatives break silence after Juventus star hit with provisional anti-doping suspension

Home> Football> Football News

Updated 09:59 12 Sep 2023 GMT+1Published 09:55 12 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Paul Pogba's representatives break silence after Juventus star hit with provisional anti-doping suspension

They have broken their silence.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Paul Pogba's representatives have broken their silence after the Juventus star was provisionally suspended for an anti-doping offence.

On Monday, Pogba was suspended by Italy's national anti-doping tribunal after returning an adverse sample.

The former Manchester United star tested positive for testosterone in a random drugs test following Juventus' Serie A game against Udinese on August 20.

Pogba didn't even play the game - he was an unused substitute.

Advert

The Italian anti-doping body subsequently issued a statement on Monday evening confirming Pogba's suspension, while Juventus said the club would now consider "the next procedural steps".

Pogba now faces a trial and testing of a backup 'B' sample.

Pending a trial by the National Anti-Doping Tribunal and testing of a backup "B" sample, Pogba could be hit with a two-year ban if found guilty. Furthermore, said ban could be extended to four years should the tribunal prove that the alleged doping was intentional.

On the matter Rafaela Pimenta, Pogba's representative, told Sky Sports News via a statement: "We are waiting for the counter analysis and until then we can't say anything.

"The certain thing is that Paul Pogba never wanted to break the rules."

On Monday it also emerged that the France star had considered retiring from football altogether over alleged extortion and threats from an organised gang, including his brother Mathias.

The midfielder filed a complaint with Italian prosecutors in July last year claiming he was the target of a €13million (£11.1million) blackmail plot.

Mathias Pogba was subsequently detained in September 2022 but released three months later under judicial review. The 33-year-old has vehemently denied all the allegations made against him.

Speaking to Al Jazeera Pogba said: "When there is money you have to be careful. Money changes people. It can break up a family. It can create a war.

"Sometimes I was just by myself thinking, 'I don't want to have money anymore. I just don't want to play anymore. I just want to be with normal people, so they will love me for me - not for the fame, not for the money.'

"Sometimes it's tough. This life, you have to go through it. It will only make me stronger."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Paul Pogba, France, Juventus

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • X
    7 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    8 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    9 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • Paul Pogba's Monaco Career Takes Incredibly Sad Twist After Football Return
  • Paul Pogba ‘receives surprising offer’ after Juventus star hit with a four-year doping ban
  • Juventus 'set to terminate' Paul Pogba's contract after four-year doping ban
  • Bruno Fernandes Makes His Feelings Clear On Paul Pogba's Return To Football