sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Sir Jim Ratcliffe planning to 'quadruple' one Man Utd player's wages after FA Cup win
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 16:36 31 May 2024 GMT+1

Sir Jim Ratcliffe planning to 'quadruple' one Man Utd player's wages after FA Cup win

One United player has earned a new contract.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United are reportedly set to quadruple midfielder Kobbie Mainoo's wages with an improved contract following the club's FA Cup final win.

Erik ten Hag's side produced a superb performance to defeat reigning champions Manchester City 2-1 in the final at Wembley earlier this month.

Mainoo, who turned 19 earlier this year, scored the second goal in the first half, ending an excellent team move with a right-footed first time finish into the bottom right corner.

He is just one of the players to have benefitted from the opportunities given to youth players by Ten Hag, with fellow academy graduate Alejandro Garnacho scoring the first goal at Wembley.

Advert

And he has also been named in England's provisional 33-man Euro 2024 squad, with the expectation being that he will be in contention to start the opening group game against Serbia on June 16.

According to a report from the Daily Star, Mainoo has agreed a deal in principle on a new £80,000 per week contract at Old Trafford - which would quadruple his wages.

The offer is said to be a reward for his 'fine form' this season, with United bosses also keen to fend off any interest from other clubs. His current deal has three years left to run.

It is claimed that Mainoo will not sign the contract yet, however, as he wants to fully focus on Euro 2024 with England this summer.

Man Utd midfielder Kobbie Mainoo celebrates his side's FA Cup win with team-mates Lisandro Martinez and Amad Diallo (
Getty)

With the tournament ending on July 14, it may be a while yet before the contract is made official - but United fans can seemingly rest easy in the knowledge that one of their top young talents will be staying at the club for the long-term.

Speaking about Mainoo's impact on United's season after the FA Cup final, Ten Hag told BBC Sport: "It was really incredible to watch Kobbie at his age.

"We wanted to bring him [through to the first in the summer], but in the second game of the pre-season he got an injury. It then took him so long to get back to fitness.

"I think we have to keep it calm because here in England, we do so much in pushing young players high and then hammer them when they have one or two bad performances."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Manchester United, Premier League, Football, FA Cup, Kobbie Mainoo

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

3 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    3 mins ago

    Marcus Rashford appears to aim dig at Man Utd after receiving England World Cup call-up

    Rashford is currently on loan at Barcelona from Manchester United.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Why Thomas Tuchel chose to leave Phil Foden out of England's World Cup squad

    Foden was among the big names who didn't make Thomas Tuchel's squad for the World Cup.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Cole Palmer reacts to being left out of England's World Cup squad as real reason behind omission emerges

    Palmer has struggled at times this season, but his omission has surprised many.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    England's 26-man squad for 2026 World Cup confirmed with several leaks ending up totally wrong

    Thomas Tuchel has confirmed his England squad for the 2026 World Cup.

    Football
  • Man Utd Co-Owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe Causes Outrage With His Immigration Comments
  • Michael Carrick sends clear message to Sir Jim Ratcliffe over Man Utd job
  • Man Utd executives make final decision on next permanent manager
  • Sir Jim Ratcliffe Must Break One Of His Five Man Utd Rules To Sign Cole Palmer