• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Four Man United stars involved in furious bust-up after Brighton defeat

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Updated 07:38 19 Sep 2023 GMT+1Published 23:02 18 Sep 2023 GMT+1

breaking

Four Man United stars involved in furious bust-up after Brighton defeat

The dismal situation at Manchester United continues, with news of two huge dressing room bust-ups.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

Four Manchester United players were reportedly involved in a furious bust-up following Saturday's 3-1 loss to Brighton at Old Trafford.

Erik Ten Hag's side were beaten for the third time in five games this season, with goals from Danny Welbeck, Pascal Gross and Joao Pedro were enough to condemn United to their worst-ever Premier League start.

United were truly played off the park on their own patch and according to The Sun, tempers flared in the dressing room after the game.

A new report published on Monday evening claims there were two separate bust-ups. Captain Bruno Fernandes is said to have laid into midfield colleague Scott McTominay after his first start of the new season, while centre-back Lisandro Martinez and Victor Lindelof also got into it.

United, currently in 13th place in the Premier League, return to action on Wednesday with a Champions League group stage clash with Bayern Munich.

Advert

On Saturday there were boos when new £72 million signing Rasmus Hojlund was substituted on his full debut, while jeers could also be heard at the final whistle as a dismal period for United continues.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

The club's business in the transfer market was deemed a tad underwhelming after there was no movement in regards to a takeover and the handling of the Mason Greenwood situation was less than impressive to say the least.

Brazilian winger Antony is on an extended leave of absence amid allegations of domestic abuse and assault, while Jadon Sancho has been banished from the United first-team after refusing to apologise for Ten Hag.

Advert

The England international had hit back at his manager for claiming he was omitted from the squad for the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal for not performing at the expected level in training.

Jadon Sancho in action for Manchester United. Image: Getty
Jadon Sancho in action for Manchester United. Image: Getty

Sancho, who said he had been "a scapegoat", is "on a personal training programme" until the matter is resolved.

There is also the small matter of Harry Maguire still being on the books of United despite links to West Ham following the decision to take the captaincy from him.

Advert

SPORTbible are on WhatsApp! We've launched a dedicated news channel to send you the latest news, features and plenty more directly on WhatsApp and all you need to do to sign up is click through to our one-way broadcast channel here or 'SPORTbible News' to appear in the 'Updates' tab on your WhatsApp.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Erik Ten Hag, Premier League, Brighton And Hove Albion

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
9 hours ago
14 hours ago
  • GettyGetty
    8 hours ago

    Kobbie Mainoo 'responds' to Ruben Amorim denying his Man Utd transfer request

    Mainoo has been an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League matches this season.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    9 hours ago

    Man Utd 'accept' permanent bid for Antony but fans have spotted major problem

    Antony is finally on the move from Manchester United on a permanent basis.

    Football
  • EA SportsEA Sports
    14 hours ago

    Man Utd player ratings on EA FC 26 leaked as fans left stunned by squad

    There are a number of significant changes compared to EA FC 25.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    14 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel's true feelings on Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed after England snub

    Trent Alexander-Arnold has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's latest England squad.

    Football
  • Julio Enciso's controversial move away from Brighton collapses after fans left 'disgusted' by transfer
  • Man Utd 'source' claims Ruben Amorim damaged property in furious dressing room outburst after Brighton defeat
  • Man Utd fans address 'the elephant in the room' about Ruben Amorim's time as manager after humiliating Brighton defeat
  • Carlos Baleba sends Man Utd fans into meltdown with cheeky post ahead of Arsenal clash