sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Gary Neville launches blistering attack on the Glazers after Arsenal beat Man Utd
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 20:49 3 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Gary Neville launches blistering attack on the Glazers after Arsenal beat Man Utd

He's launched another attack on United's owners.

Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Gary Neville has launched another blistering attack on the Glazer family following Manchester United’s dramatic defeat to Arsenal.

United were beaten 3-1 at the Emirates on Sunday, with goals from Martin Odegaard, Declan Rice and Gabriel Jesus securing victory for the home side after Marcus Rashford’s opener.

It was another disappointing result for United manager Erik ten Hag, who voiced his anger at VAR in his post-match interview – claiming ‘everything’ went against his side.

Ten Hag later revealed that Jadon Sancho had been left out of his squad for the match due to issues in training.

Advert

The Dutchman also has off-field problems to deal with, amid reports the Glazers are no longer planning to sell the club.

The Daily Mail claimed on Saturday that the Americans were planning to take the club off the market as their asking price, reportedly £10bn, had not been met.

Speaking after the defeat to Arsenal, former United captain Neville claimed it was a bluff from the Glazers.

“They are, its just a game for them,” Neville said on Sky Sports.

“They think it’s a toy. Of course they’re going to sell. They’re desperate for money, they can’t even compete on FFP anymore.

“Manchester United talking like they’re a mid-table club when it comes to the transfer market.”

When it was pointed out to him that only Chelsea had a greater net spend than United in the Premier League this summer, Neville added: “Of course they should, Manchester United turn over £500m.


“We’re talking about one of the highest revenue generating clubs in the world. My point is, Chelsea, Arsenal and all these other clubs can sign big players, and Manchester United are scrambling around on FFP.

“At the end of the day, the game today was a fantastic game of football. But it still won’t change the fact that they’ve got owners of one of the biggest clubs in the world, that are messing round with the club.

“I’m not going to stop talking about it, because it’s a massive problem.”

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports

Topics: Manchester United, Gary Neville, Football, Premier League

Rory O'Callaghan
Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan is Editorial Lead at SPORTbible. He has previously worked for Sky Sports News, MailOnline and Reach covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@rory_ocallaghan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Gary Neville fumes at 'ridiculous' VAR decision in Man United vs Nottingham Forest
  • Gary Neville drops Man City 115 charges theory that makes Ian Wright say 'Really?'
  • Gary Neville risks Man Utd backlash with Benjamin Sesko comments after Everton winner
  • Gary Neville is 'Staggered' Man Utd Refuse to Sell One Player