
Manchester City are reportedly set to lose a third player at the end of the season amid speculation that Pep Guardiola will step down from his role as manager.
It was reported on Monday evening that Guardiola is expected to leave City at the end of the season after a decade in charge at the Etihad Stadium.
He is set to be replaced by former City U21 boss Enzo Maresca, who has been out of work since leaving Chelsea in January.
No official announcement has been made surrounding Guardiola's future, and the Spaniard offered no further comment during his press conference after City drew 1-1 with Bournemouth on Tuesday night.
Advert
That result has ensured that City will not contest the Premier League title on the final day of the season, with Arsenal crowned champions for the first time in 22 years.
Should he leave the club as expected, Guardiola will end his City reign with a total of 20 trophies to his name, having guided his team to both domestic cups this season.
There is already set to be a mass exodus from the club this summer on both the staff and players front, with long-serving coaches Lorenzo Buenaventura and Xabi Mancisidor both set to depart.
Centre-back John Stones and midfielder Bernardo Silva will also exit the Etihad Stadium as free agents.

MARCA report that Atletico Madrid are pursuing Bernardo as the successor to Antoine Griezmann, who is moving to MLS side Orlando City once the Spanish domestic season ends.
The same outlet are claiming that City midfielder Rodri is a top target for Real Madrid, who will embark on a squad rebuild this summer amid the anticipated return of Jose Mourinho as manager.
READ MORE: Man City handed second blow as player decides to leave with Pep Guardiola
But that may not be the only major damage to City's squad.
Man City set for new transfer blow
According to The Athletic's Sam Lee, the club are preparing for other departures - though some of them may hinge on whether Maresca wants to include them in his first-team squad next season.
But he claims that one likelihood is the departure of midfielder Nico Gonzalez, who hasn't been involved in any of City's last three matchday squads under Guardiola.
The Spanish midfielder signed from Porto last year and was a key player during the first half of this season, but has found playing time much harder to come by since January.
"One of the things was, and again, this was one message... but it was that one player who was planning to leave has been told Maresca likes him, and he's going to stay," Lee said on the 'Let Me Talk' podcast.
"That was just one thing. I can't remember who it was. I don't know how certain it is... but that might be [Tijjani] Reijnders, it might be Nico Gonzalez.
"Look, I've been told Nico's off. He's not been in the squad for the last three games.
"It's just a stupid time of year with loads of rumours flying around. But we'll get a bit of a grip on everything over the next few days."
Topics:Β Manchester City, Pep Guardiola, Transfers