sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Real Madrid set to hijack Liverpool transfer after poaching Trent Alexander-Arnold as player's father makes revealing post
Home>Football>Football News>Liverpool
Published 11:38 26 Mar 2025 GMT

Real Madrid set to hijack Liverpool transfer after poaching Trent Alexander-Arnold as player's father makes revealing post

Real are set to deal another blow to Liverpool.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Real Madrid are planning to hijack a Liverpool transfer after 'agreeing' to sign Trent Alexander-Arnold, a new report has claimed.

It was reported by talkSPORT on Tuesday that Alexander-Arnold has agreed to join Real Madrid this summer, ending an association with Liverpool that has lasted since he was six years old.

The right-back is out of contract at Anfield at the end of the season and can therefore leave on a free transfer.

That particular aspect of the reported agreement has not gone down well with Liverpool fans, given that he was previously valued at over £100 million by Reds chiefs.

Advert

Liverpool will now likely need to recruit his replacement, with Conor Bradley needing competition on the right flank as the only natural option in that position.

But they are reportedly first targeting a centre-back, with Bournemouth's Dean Huijsen on their radar.

The 19-year-old was born in the Netherlands but represents Spain at international level, making his international debut in the Nations League quarter-final clash against the country of his birth.

On Wednesday, AS reported that Real had joined the race to sign the centre-back, who has impressed during his first season in the Premier League with Andoni Iraola's side.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United are all credited with an interest in Huijsen.

Huijsen's father has shared a report on the Bournemouth star's future (Image: Instagram)
Huijsen's father has shared a report on the Bournemouth star's future (Image: Instagram)

However, perhaps pointedly, the AS report on Real's interest was shared on Instagram by Huijsen's father, Don. The report, featured on the front of page of AS, is titled 'Operacion Huijsen'.

During international duty, the 19-year-old told Spanish media that he is not currently 'thinking' about his future beyond the end of this season.

"I'm not thinking about that right now," he said. "I'm thinking about ending the season well, and I hope I do.

"Then when the time comes, we'll see. It makes you proud that such a big team is interested in you. I'll keep working, and being humble."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Real Madrid, Champions League, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Scotland announce 26-man squad for first World Cup in 28 years

    Scotland's squad for the World Cup has been confirmed.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    What Joao Pedro did for Brazil teammates who were picked in World Cup squad over him

    Joao Pedro was a surprise omission from Brazil's World Cup squad, with Neymar getting selected ahead of him.

    Football
  • Liverpool/Adidas
    an hour ago

    Liverpool drop major transfer hint in new home kit launch

    Liverpool have released their new home kit

    Football
  • The Overlap - Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Roy Keane tears Bruno Fernandes to shreds over what he said in interview after Nottingham Forest game

    Fernandes equalled the Premier League record for most assists recorded in a season, but Keane was far from impressed.

    Football
  • Real Madrid announce departure of defender hours after signing Trent Alexander-Arnold
  • Real Madrid were desperate to terminate player's contract to fund early Trent Alexander-Arnold arrival
  • Real Madrid have already 'paid off' Trent Alexander-Arnold transfer after Club World Cup win
  • Real Madrid supporters rush to defend Trent Alexander-Arnold after Liverpool fans anger at Instagram post