sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jose Mourinho risks ban after making astonishing accusation following his defeat to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Home>Football>Football News
Published 13:57 5 May 2025 GMT+1

Jose Mourinho risks ban after making astonishing accusation following his defeat to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Jose Mourinho delivered a remarkable claim following Fenerbahce's defeat to Beskitas.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jose Mourinho risks facing a ban after making a remarkable accusation following Fenerbahce's crushing 1-0 defeat to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Beskitas.

Fenerbahce suffered a bruising defeat to Beskitas, who ran out 1-0 winners following Gedson Fernandes' first-half goal.

The defeat leaves the Portuguese's team eight points adrift of league leaders Galatasaray, while Solskjaer's side sit in fourth place.

Mourinho, who was appointed last summer, has voiced his frustration about the Turkish authorities and referees throughout his time in Turkey.

Advert

And he continued to air his concerns about the level of officiating in Turkey's top flight by making an astonishing accusation after Sunday's defeat.

He claims the outcome of the 2024/25 Super Lig season was 'determined' before the league even started.

"When some of your players don't perform well enough, it affects your collective performance as well." he said. "The outcome of the league was determined before the league even started.

"The games we lost at home were decisive. VAR decisions, referee decisions. I am so tired of talking about these. I have no power, nothing changes, but this is the situation, this is the truth."

Jose Mourinho on the touchline during Fenerbahce vs. Besiktas. Image: Getty
Jose Mourinho on the touchline during Fenerbahce vs. Besiktas. Image: Getty

Despite only joining Fenerbahce last summer, it has been suggested that Mourinho won't see out the final year of his contract.

Pressed on his future, he replied: "I am not speaking about next season. I will speak internally, not to the media. If there is something, out of respect to the president and the board, I will not bring it into the public."

The 62-year-old has already been hit with a four-match ban following his comments about Turkish referees earlier in the season.

He was also fined after he criticised the match officials in a press conference following a league match.

Mourinho could be punished once again by the Turkish FA following his latest comments about Turkish referees.

As for Besiktas, they can finish as high as third place as Solskjaer challenged his team to replicate their performance against Fenerbahce in their remaining fixtures.

"The next four games will decide a lot," he said. "Can they play the next four games like this one?

"After Gala we were hopeless. We must have a different reaction after this."

Featured Image Credit: NTV Spor

Topics: Jose Mourinho, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Football

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty & Manchester City
    an hour ago

    How Man City could line up under Enzo Maresca with dream signing and key Pep Guardiola man dropped

    Enzo Maresca is said to have agreed a three-year deal to replace Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    'We approached him' - Roberto Martinez reveals Premier League star refused Portugal call-up ahead of World Cup

    Roberto Martinez has revealed that the proposal to the player was unsuccessful.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca

    Manchester City have agreed a three-year deal with Enzo Maresca, who is set to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Jose Mourinho tipped to snub European giants and take shock Premier League job instead
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer calls out Man United for selling player and he couldn't believe they did it
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could face Man Utd this season after ‘accepting’ first job since leaving Old Trafford
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer demands Besiktas to sign Man Utd star before transfer deadline day