• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Chelsea identify 'three-man transfer shortlist' including forgotten Arsenal star

Home> Football> Football News> Chelsea

Published 15:29 28 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Chelsea identify 'three-man transfer shortlist' including forgotten Arsenal star

The Blues are plotting further signings before Friday's transfer deadline.

Joe Adams

Joe Adams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Chelsea have reportedly drawn up a three-man transfer shortlist which includes one forgotten Arsenal star, as Mauricio Pochettino seeks to add another attacking player to his ranks.

The Blues have already spent nearly £350million on new recruits this summer and roughly £900m since the arrival of Todd Boehly in May 2022.

But the west London club aren't finished there and have identified a further three players who they are keen to bring to Stamford Bridge before the transfer deadline slams shut on Friday.

That's according to the Daily Mail, who claim that Maurico Pochettino's side are weighing up moves for Arsenal midfielder Emile Smith Rowe alongside Barcelona duo Ferran Torres and Raphinha.

Advert

Although interest is not said to be at an advanced stage, the report states that all three names are being discussed by Chelsea's hierarchy.

Smith Rowe endured an injury-stricken 2022-23 campaign and has struggled to reclaim his place in the side, with the England international yet to play a single minute for the Gunners this season.

The 23-year-old has been the subject of interest from Aston Villa earlier in the window, but Arteta recently insisted Smith Rowe remains firmly part of his plans moving forward.

Raphinha, meanwhile, has also lost his place in 16-year-old wonderkid Lamine Yamal in recent weeks and has been heavily rumoured with a move away from the Camp Nou, with both Arsenal and Newcastle previously expressing an interest.

Torres, on the other hand, has struggled to stamp his mark at Barcelona ever since he made the switch from Manchester City in December 2021, with Robert Lewandowski currently ahead of him in the pecking order.

Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has also detailed Chelsea's interest in a 'mystery attacker', with the Blues said to be 'preparing negotiations' for an unnamed forward.

Fans have speculated whether the player in question could be Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho, with the 23-year-old linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Chelsea, Emile Smith-Rowe, Arsenal, Todd Boehly, Football, Transfers, Premier League, Ferran Torres, Raphinha, Barcelona, Mauricio Pochettino

Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Joe is a Journalist for SPORTbible with a primary focus on football. He has previously covered a number of other sports including boxing, rugby and F1. Wishes he was born left-footed.

X

@joeadamsjourno

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Man Utd 'make contact' with Chelsea over shock Marc Cucurella deal as free agent eyed
  • Arsenal compile four-man shortlist to replace Jurrien Timber including Barcelona star
  • "Who?" - Mauricio Pochettino didn't know two Chelsea players existed in brutal press conference
  • Chelsea 'opens talks' with Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Gareth Barry explains why he'll be 'sad' after James Milner breaks Premier League record

    Milner has broken the record for the most appearances in Premier League history.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Theo Walcott predicts where Real Madrid would come in the Premier League

    Wayne Rooney also made a prediction.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Zinedine Zidane reaches verbal agreement on return to football

    The Frenchman has been without a managerial role since leaving Real Madrid in May 2021.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Man Utd tipped to complete £160m raid on Premer League rival in 'monster' swoop

    United did not sign a single player in the winter transfer window, but may look to bolster their squad come this summer.

    Football