sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fans 'struck' by Chelsea players after unseen tunnel footage emerges, the difference to last season is crazy
Home>Football>Football News>Chelsea
Updated 21:43 28 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 20:41 28 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Fans 'struck' by Chelsea players after unseen tunnel footage emerges, the difference to last season is crazy

Things are changing at Stamford Bridge.

Joe Adams

Joe Adams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Footage has emerged of the Chelsea players walking out of the tunnel ahead of their clash against Luton Town on Friday and there are is a noticeable change from last season.

The Blues ran away 3-0 winners over newly-promoted Luton as Mauricio Pochettino picked up his first win of the season, putting their 3-1 defeat to West Ham well and truly behind them.

But while the fans lauded the players' performance on the pitch, it was their pre-match preparations which really caught the eye.

Unseen footage has emerged online of the team waiting in the tunnel ahead of kick-off and new signing Robert Sanchez could be seen gearing up his teammates. You can watch the clip below.

Advert

Sanchez, who joined Chelsea from Brighton for a reported fee of £25 million earlier this month, was heard shouting words of encouragement.

"Heads in the game from minute one, come on," he shouted. "Are you ready boys? Come on, let's go!" Ben Chilwell could also be heard encouraging his teammates as they walked on to the pitch.

The players' behaviour is a stark contrast from last season when the players were filmed walking out of the tunnel at Stamford Bridge in total silence and seemingly devoid of enthusiasm ahead of their 1-0 defeat to Southampton.

The video went viral for all the wrong reasons as fans ripped into both the players and former manager Graham Potter for their lack of leadership - a problem Sanchez looks to have solved.

Speaking after their win over Luton, Chelsea boss Pochettino said: "In the Premier League, if the intensity is not there, it's difficult to win games. Today, it was key to match the energy of Luton.

"This project is to create a team with energy and quality and to have the capacity to challenge the big teams like Liverpool and Manchester City."

Featured Image Credit: Twitter @CFCLamps_

Topics: Chelsea, Premier League, Mauricio Pochettino, Football, Luton Town

Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Joe is a Journalist for SPORTbible with a primary focus on football. He has previously covered a number of other sports including boxing, rugby and F1. Wishes he was born left-footed.

X

@joeadamsjourno

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

14 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    14 mins ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Man Utd could spend £300m in the summer after securing Champions League football

    It is expected to be a busy summer at Old Trafford.

    Football
  • Chelsea identify 'three-man transfer shortlist' including forgotten Arsenal star
  • Chelsea plotting three more signings after Romeo Lavia amid rumours rivals will complain
  • Thiago Silva has 'shunned' taking Chelsea captaincy twice since start of the season amid Reece James absence