To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Barcelona are targeting three more signings before the summer transfer window shuts

Marcus Chan

Published 
| Last updated 

Barcelona are targeting three more signings before the summer transfer window shuts

Barcelona’s transfer businesses are not done yet, with Xavi targeting three more signings before the window slams shut. 

So far this summer, the Catalan club have already brought in Andreas Christensen, Franck Kessie, Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde amid their well documented financial troubles. 

They have managed to spend by activating the fourth economic lever. 

However, the club are not ready to stop their spending yet, with manager Xavi eyeing a further three new players before the end of the summer transfer window. With the hopes of building a squad capable of toppling Real Madrid in both the La Liga and the Champions League

According to Spanish journalist Gerard Romero, Barcelona have their eyes firmly fixed on three new faces. 

One of the three players on the radar is Chelsea full back Marcos Alonso, it has been reported that the deal to bring the Spaniard from London to Barcelona is inching ever closer to completion. With some reports stating that Alonso could be signed ahead of the club’s next La Liga match against Real Sociedad

Image Credit: Alamy
Image Credit: Alamy

The next name on Xavi’s wanted list is Manchester City’s Portuguese star, Bernardo Silva. The City midfielder is believed to be a long term priority for both Xavi and club president, Joan Laporta

It has been reported that a deal to sign Silva from City would be difficult, but the Camp Nou club are confident that they will be able to pull the deal off. 

Image Credit: Alamy
Image Credit: Alamy

Aside from Silva and Alonso, Xavi is also looking to sign a new right back after making it clear to Sergino Dest that he is no longer needed, Dest was not involved in the game against Rayo Vallecano on Saturday evening. 

According to reports, Barcelona have drawn up a five man shortlist for their new right back, including the likes of Borussia Dortmund’s Thomas Meunier, Juan Foyth of Villarreal, Bayer Leverkusen’s Jeremie Frimpong and Manchester United duo Aaron Wan Bissaka and Diogo Dalot

In terms of outgoings, the club are continuing their efforts to find a solution to resolve the future of Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong. The 25-year-old has been linked with a move to Premier League giants Manchester United and Chelsea. 

Image Credit: Alamy
Image Credit: Alamy

However, despite Barcelona agreeing a fee with the Old Trafford club, De Jong has so far refused to entertain the thoughts of leaving the Camp Nou. It is believed that the Dutch international would prefer to stay with Barcelona. 

Xavi spoke about De Jong’s future after the match against Rayo Vallecano

He said: “Frenkie de Jong is not a reserve player, I’ve said that several times. He’s an important player for us.

“I don’t know what will happen, but if Frenkie stays he will be important to us. Just look at the situation he played in today.” 

Will De Jong leave or stay at Barcelona? Only time will tell. 

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Barcelona, Xavi, Bernardo Silva, Marcos Alonso

Marcus Chan
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Football

Brazil legend Adriano is to 'split from wife ONLY 24 days into marriage after cancelling plans to watch World Cup'

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Cristiano Ronaldo 'agrees incredible €200 million per season two-and-half-year deal' with Al-Nassr

4 hours ago