• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Moises Caicedo's agent reveals injury fears after failed Arsenal and Chelsea transfers

Home> Football

Published 14:06 2 Feb 2023 GMT

Moises Caicedo's agent reveals injury fears after failed Arsenal and Chelsea transfers

Brighton were determined to keep Caicedo.

Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

One of Moises Caicedo's representatives has admitted he fears the midfielder may never get his dream move after Brighton refused to sell the Ecuadorian in the January transfer window.

A number of clubs, including Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, were linked with Caicedo last month after the midfielder's impressive start to the campaign.

Chelsea had a bid, believed to be worth around £55m, rejected by Brighton for the midfielder, with the west London club eventually turning their attention to Enzo Fernandez instead.

Arsenal, meanwhile, had two bids turned down for Caicedo, with the second reported to be as high as £70m.

Advert

Despite Caicedo releasing a public statement asking Brighton to allow him to leave, the Seagulls refused to budge – with Arsenal forced to sign Jorginho from Chelsea instead, in a late move on deadline day.

Caicedo, who is under contract with Brighton until 2025, will now remain with the Premier League club until at least the end of the season.

The 21-year-old returned to first-team training on Thursday after missing Saturday's FA Cup win over Liverpool.

Caicedo's agent reveals injury fears

One of Caicedo's agents, Manuel Sierra, has opened up on the midfielder's failed attempt to move clubs and admits he fears an injury could potentially scupper a summer transfer.

"The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moises says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life, that it is an opportunity that may not be repeated in life… and we we helped draft the statement," Sierra told Marca90, as reported by Ole.

"In that statement he expresses his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League.

"We don't know what can happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can't know what's going to happen."

Sierra has also claimed that Brighton were aware of Caicedo's open letter before it was published and that the relationship between the player and club remains amicable despite his desire to move.

"Moises asked the club for permission to publish the statement, he is the one who does not train and he does not go to the game (vs. Liverpool) because they decide to give him the weekend off," added Sierra.

"Brighton did not separate him. They understand the situation and they love him very much. It was a consensual agreement."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Brighton And Hove Albion, Moises Caicedo, Chelsea, Arsenal, Transfers, Premier League

Rory O'Callaghan
Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan is Editorial Lead at SPORTbible. He has previously worked for Sky Sports News, MailOnline and Reach covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@rory_ocallaghan

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

11 hours ago
13 hours ago
14 hours ago
17 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Darwin Nunez targeted by two Premier League clubs as talks take place

    Nunez has scored nine goals in 24 appearances for Al Hilal this season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    13 hours ago

    Gareth Barry explains why he'll be 'sad' after James Milner breaks Premier League record

    Milner has broken the record for the most appearances in Premier League history.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    14 hours ago

    Theo Walcott predicts where Real Madrid would come in the Premier League

    Wayne Rooney also made a prediction.

    Football
  • Getty
    17 hours ago

    Zinedine Zidane reaches verbal agreement on return to football

    The Frenchman has been without a managerial role since leaving Real Madrid in May 2021.

    Football
  • Gareth Barry explains why he'll be 'sad' after James Milner breaks Premier League record
  • Facundo Buonanotte's First Interview as Chelsea Player Goes Viral After Champions League Snub
  • Premier League release statement after Moises Caicedo's goal against Spurs was ruled out by VAR and fans are furious
  • Moises Caicedo's agent drops transfer hint after revealing Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea target's idol