sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fans think Antonio Conte is trying to get himself sacked after Tottenham Hotspur’s Champions League exit
Home>Football
Published 10:39 9 Mar 2023 GMT

Fans think Antonio Conte is trying to get himself sacked after Tottenham Hotspur’s Champions League exit

Antonio Conte’s future is up in the air after Tottenham Hotspur were knocked out of the Champions League

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Antonio Conte’s post-match comments have led fans to think he wants to get sacked by Tottenham Hotspur.

On Wednesday night, Spurs crashed out of the Champions League in the round of 16 after a dismal 0-0 draw against AC Milan.

The Italian outfit went through thanks to their 1-0 first-leg victory at the San Siro.

Elimination from the Champions League capped off yet another trophy-less season for Spurs as they were booed off by their disgruntled fans at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Advert

After the match, Conte spoke about his future, he said: “My contract expires in June. We will see — they might sack me even before the end of the season, who knows, maybe they are disappointed.

“I can't say anything negative about the commitment of the players. They gave everything from the start to the end. We finished the game with 10 men. But if I have to see a positive situation, it is that we had a step forward.

“We played in the Europa Conference League last year and weren't able to get out of the group stages. Now we took a step forward but it is not enough and if we want to be competitive, we have to fight.”

Fans were quick to react to Conte’s words on social media.

One said: “Conte asking to be sacked with those post-match comments and that performance. He's done, clearly not up to it full of excuses, zero accountability.”

Another tweeted: “Conte wants the sack so he can get his payday but Spurs won’t give in.”

A third fan added: “Yep he wants the sack for sure, we had Jose and Conte and Levy has provided 1 CB in Romero.”

Someone else wrote: “Conte is asking to be sacked, clear as day. He wants to lose.”

Whilst a fifth commented: “Conte basically asking Spurs to sack him and pay him for the contract length.”

Spurs legend Glenn Hoddle stated the squad lacked quality, he said: “The squad isn't good enough. There was no energy. There was no creativity. Very disappointing.”

Up next for Conte’s men will be a Premier League clash against Nottingham Forest as they look to secure a place in the top four this season.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy/UEFA

Topics: Antonio Conte, Tottenham Hotspur, Champions League, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Man Utd could spend £300m in the summer after securing Champions League football

    It is expected to be a busy summer at Old Trafford.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Arsenal preparing shock bid to sign Man City player amid Pep Guardiola exit uncertainty

    Guardiola is expected to depart Man City at the end of the season following a decade in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Vinnie Jones names Man United star as Premier League's current 'tough' hardman

    Vinnie Jones revealed his definition for a 'hardman' and which current Premier League star fits the criteria.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Southampton star to leave club after spygate scandal in 'bitter blow'

    The first Southampton player is set to leave following the club's expulsion from the Championship play-offs.

    Football
  • Tottenham learn devastating cost of Premier League relegation after Leeds draw
  • Antonin Kinsky 'set to leave Tottenham' after Champions League humiliation
  • 'Send him back' - Tottenham told to terminate player's 'strange' deal amid relegation concerns
  • Tottenham Star 'Demanding to Leave' Will Only Stay If Thomas Frank Is Sacked