sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Alexis Mac Allister's father has already confirmed summer move as Man City enter race for Liverpool target
Home>Football
Published 17:30 22 May 2023 GMT+1

Alexis Mac Allister's father has already confirmed summer move as Man City enter race for Liverpool target

Mac Allister is likely to leave this summer.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Alexis Mac Allister’s father has already confirmed that the Brighton star will complete a summer move, amid reports Manchester City had entered the race to sign the Liverpool target.

This season City are proving to be the most dominant side in Europe. On Saturday Pep Guardiola’s men claimed their fifth Premier League title in six years while they are set to compete in a FA Cup and Champions League final in the coming weeks.

Yet, the club still have one eye on the summer transfer window. Indeed, amid the expected departures of midfield trio İlkay Gündoğan, Bernardo Silva and Kalvin Phillips in the off-season, City have allegedly entered the race for Brighton star Mac Allister.

According to the Mirror, City will try to convince Mac Allister of the merits of joining the club over Premier League rivals Liverpool.

Advert

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano claimed at the weekend that personal terms had been agreed between Mac Allister and the Reds.

However, the Brighton star is thought to be keen on playing Champions League football next season, which Liverpool are unlikely to offer.

Mac Allister to leave this summer

Whether it’s City, Liverpool or another destination, it is almost certain Mac Allister will leave Brighton this summer.

It remains to be seen which club will prise the 24-year-old away from the Amex, but Mac Allister’s father Carlos has suggested he will be moving from the south coast side.

Last month he told Puro Boca: “Normally the next pass book will find him playing in another institution, we do not know in which, the talks, in general, have just begun, but most likely next July he will already be playing in another team.”

Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi also seemed resigned to losing Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo earlier this month.

After the Seagulls’ 3-0 victory over Arsenal De Zerbi said: “For sure we will lose some players, maybe Caicedo and Mac Allister.”

For Brighton’s supporters, De Zerbi’s admission about departures is likely to have taken some of the gloss off what was an impressive win at the Emirates.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Manchester City, Transfers, Alexis Mac Allister, Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp, Brighton And Hove Albion

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

a minute ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty
    a minute ago

    'I've been told...' - Man City to lose third player in mass exodus amid Pep Guardiola exit rumours

    Guardiola is expected to leave Man City at the end of the season - and several more players could follow him out of the door.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Hull City consider legal action hours before Southampton expulsion verdict

    The Tigers are considering taking major legal action to secure promotion to the Premier League.

    Football
  • Image Credit: Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Newcastle set to receive FIFA compensation fee after Alexander Isak transfer to Liverpool

    The Alexander Isak funds continue to pour in despite Liverpool being paid up

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Man City handed second blow as player decides to leave with Pep Guardiola

    Manchester City is being faced with a huge rebuild project in the summer transfer window as another icon walks out with Pep

    Football
  • Jamie Carragher slams Alexis Mac Allister for 'embarrassing' moment during Liverpool loss to Aston Villa
  • Alexis Mac Allister names the Premier League opponent who winds him up the most who he 'wants to kick'
  • Man City enter the race to sign Liverpool target Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton
  • Man Utd planning move for Liverpool star in first transfer between clubs since 1964