
Tyson Fury has issued an explosive rant at Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn as their generational fight hangs in the balance.
Fury and Joshua are scheduled to fight in November 2026 in a blockbuster clash that will decide who is essentially the greatest British heavyweight of the modern era.
The pair came through their respective warm-up fights with wins last month, although AJ had to survive an early scare in his showdown with Kristian Prenga before knocking him out in round two.
Tyson Fury, meanwhile, made light work of Polish veteran Mariusz Wach with a seventh-round TKO in Thailand.
Advert
While those victories were supposed to tee up the fight millions of boxing fans have been waiting for, a dispute over the location continues to dash chances of it going ahead.
Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, reportedly signed a contract for the fight to happen in the UK, with the iconic Wembley Stadium potentially hosting their dust-up.
But Saudi Arabian-owned Sela - who has separate contracts with both Joshua and Fury - wants the fight to be moved to the United States.
Saudi organisers, including Turki Alalshikh, are pushing for New York's Madison Square Garden to host what will be one of the biggest fights in boxing history.
Fury is fine with the US hosting the showdown, with broadcasting powerhouse Netflix already teasing the fight on WWE's Monday Night Raw earlier this week.
The problem is, Hearn and Joshua have outright refused for the fight to go ahead if it is hosted outside of the UK, and this has caused huge backlash from several big names in boxing.
Tyson Fury fires explosive rant at Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua
In light of Hearn's stubbornness to stage the fight in the UK, Fury has raised doubts over the fight going ahead and directed some choice words at the Matchroom Boxing Promoter.
READ NEXT: Dana White issues emphatic response after Eddie Hearn threatened to sue him over contract breach
"Quick update for you. It doesn't look like they're going to sign the fight, and it doesn't look like it's going to happen, all because Eddie Hearn [Joshua's promoter] and that want more money," the 'Gypsy King' said in an Instagram post.
"They have already had that much money off Turki [Alalshikh] over the last few years Eddie and AJ, they have had boxing deals, they have had darts deals, they have had snooker deals, they have had everything.
"And yet, they have got the audacity and cheek of flea-bitten rats to ask for more money from old Turki that you have had combined over the last couple of years."
Fury then singled out Joshua by calling him a "coward" before suggesting about the possibility of fighting someone else if a contract cannot be agreed with his fellow Brit.
"It is what it is. Same old cliche a decade later. Keep running, you little cowards," he added.
"I'll move on and fight somebody else, but just know you never had the guts to fight Tyson Fury, ever, you little coward."
Earlier this week, Hearn explained that tax implications mean that a fight in America would damage Joshua's purse.
"In layman's terms, by staging the fight in America, Anthony Joshua receives less money than he would do if the fight was in the UK where he was contractually agreed," Hearn said in an interview with IFL TV.
A location dispute puts this mouth-watering showdown under a huge threat of not happening, but if an agreement is eventually struck, this back-and-forth between both camps only adds further fuel to the rivalry.
Topics:Ā Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Boxing, Eddie Hearn