Oleksandr Usyk's promoter leaves brutal comment on Tyson Fury's Instagram post about fight postponement
| Last updated
Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter has left a brutal comment on Tyson Fury’s Instagram post after their fight was postponed.
The pair were set to fight to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on 17 February.
However, it was confirmed on Friday evening that the fight had been postponed due to Fury suffering a cut during a sparring session.
A Queensberry Promotions spokesperson said: "Whilst this is still breaking news it is clearly a massive disappointment, after the work that has been done by so many people to finally deliver this historic event to the world.
“Once the doctors have appraised Tyson's eye, we will have a better idea of the period of recovery needed. Once known we will work diligently with all the stake-holders and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to reschedule this fight as soon as possible and will of course keep everyone updated with developments.”
Commenting on the Brit’s Instagram post, Krassyuk wrote: “Wish you soonest recovery. God sent you a sign. Think of retirement, brother.”
Usyk’s manager Egis Klimas also showed his displeasure towards Fury, telling Ring Magazine: “Fury is a f***ing coward who will do anything not to face Usyk, and he asked his b**ch to hit him with a frying pan in his brow. You can quote me word for word for that.”
Oleksandr Usyk's promoter Alex Krassyuk leaving a comment on Tyson Fury's Instagram post after the fight was postponed… pic.twitter.com/DD9XRd4T0D— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) February 2, 2024
Former boxer David Haye said: “Fury suffers a cut a couple of weeks before the fight. I know that pain all so well - in 2013 when I was scheduled to fight Tyson Fury, I suffered a cut. And oh did I not hear the end of it from him.
“I actually remember at the time thinking, 'I hope one day before one of his big fights he has to suffer this, he's been that much of a d**k about it,' and here we are. But I don't feel that good about it at all.”
On the back of the postponement, it has been claimed that team Usyk are now working on a potential fight with Filip Hrgovic, who is currently the mandatory IBF challenger.
The Croatian holds an impressive 17 unbeaten record having recently beat Mark de Mori last year.