
British boxer Dave Allen has slammed Anthony Joshua, as the former heavyweight champion announces he will fight Jake Paul.
Two-time unified heavyweight champion Joshua is set to step into the ring with YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul on December 19
The fight will be streamed live on Netflix and contested over eight three-minute rounds.
Paul had originally been scheduled to fight lightweight world champion Gervonta Davis on November 14, but that fight was cancelled after Davis' ex-girlfriend filed a lawsuit against him.
Advert
It has now been officially confirmed that Paul will instead fight Joshua, who has not boxed since he was knocked out by Daniel Dubois in September 2024.
The announcement has not gone down well with many in the boxing world, and British heavyweight Allen has been among the most vocal critics.
The 33-year-old posted a thinking-face emoji on his Instagram story in response to reports confirming the fight.

Even before the bout was confirmed, he had voiced his displeasure.
Speaking on talkSPORT, he said: "Jake Paul lost to Tommy Fury. Anthony Joshua cannot box Jake Paul - horrific.
"It's dangerous for one, and two, if Jake Paul even lands a glove on him it just diminishes everything that he's achieved.
"Jake Paul won't last two minutes with me, never mind Anthony Joshua, it's ridiculous, it's a joke."
Allen was then asked by talkSPORT presenter Jim White whether Joshua fighting the YouTuber-turned-boxer would damage his legacy.
"I would lose a bit of respect for him and I think a lot of boxing people would as well," Allen continued.

"Why would he box him? Two-time heavyweight champion of the world, one of the best heavyweights of the last 20 years, held British boxing on his back.
"People might say he deserves to fight Jake Paul, but why though?"
Allen repeated his criticism during talkSPORT's coverage of the press conference for Saturday's fight between Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn.
While he described Joshua as a 'legend of a man', he questioned why he would choose Paul as the opponent for his comeback fight.
Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn had previously said he wanted Joshua to make a return to the ring in 2025
He also explained that plans are in place for Joshua to fight Tyson Fury in 2026, in what would be one of the biggest British boxing fights in history.
Saudi promoter Turki Alashikh has expressed confidence that he can make the fight happen and believes he can bring Fury out of retirement to do so.
Topics: Anthony Joshua, Jake Paul, Boxing, Eddie Hearn, Heavyweight Boxing