Chelsea have confirmed the departure of Marina Granovskaia as director at the club.
Granovskaia’s 12 year stint at Stamford Bridge comes to an end, becoming the representative for former owner Roman Abramovich back in 2010.
She then joined the Chelsea board in 2013 before being promoted to chief executive a year later.
In 2018, Forbes ranked Granovskaia as the fifth ‘Most Powerful Women in International Sports’ for her work at the club.
Last season saw Granovskaia win the Best Club Director in European football award at the Golden Boy Awards before departing this summer.
Chelsea Football Club has today announced a series of appointments to its Board of Directors and other leadership changes. ⤵️— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) June 22, 2022
Announcing structural changes at the club, Chelsea confirmed: “(Todd) Boehly has been named chairman of the board of Chelsea FC effective immediately. Chelsea FC’s other confirmed board members include:
• Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano, co-controlling owners of Chelsea FC, and co-founders and managing partners of Clearlake Capital
• Mark Walter, co-owner of Chelsea FC, co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Partners, owner of Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Sparks
• Hansjörg Wyss, co-owner of Chelsea FC, founder of the Wyss Foundation
• Jonathan Goldstein, co-owner of Chelsea FC, co-founder and CEO of Cain International
• Barbara Charone, director and co-founder of MBC PR
• Lord Daniel Finkelstein OBE, columnist and former executive editor of The Times
• James Pade, partner and managing director of Clearlake Capital
“The announcement includes the departure of Marina Granovskaia, director of Chelsea FC. Boehly will operate as interim sporting director until the Club names a full-time replacement, continuing the Club’s work towards its targets during the current transfer window. Chelsea FC and Ms. Granovskaia have agreed that she will remain available to Boehly and the Club for the duration of the current transfer window, to the extent required to support the transition.”
The Blues continued to thank Granovskaia for her work over the past 12 years, with her also playing a key role in ensuring that the takeover of the club was swift.
“We thank Marina for her many years of excellent service to the Club and wish her all the best in her future ventures,” added Boehly.
It remains unclear as to what the future holds for the former Chelsea director, with Chairman Bruce Buck also departing the club.
The pair’s future was thrown into doubt after Abramovich sold Chelsea, sharing a strong relationship with the Russian.
There are sure to be more changes made to the club’s structure in the coming days, with Petr Cech’s future still unknown as Thomas Tuchel looks to build a Premier League title-challenging squad this summer.
The Blues will be hoping that their new-look board can pick up where the old guard left off and challenge for trophies instantly.
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
- Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea: Joe Willock piles pressure on Chelsea as poor run continues for Graham Potter going into World Cup
- 5 Things Learned: Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea | Premier League
- 'A lot of learning' Graham Potter admits Chelsea form must improve and reflects on start to Blues career
- 'It is what it is' Graham Potter's honest verdict on Chelsea's fixture schedule and Newcastle defeat